View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match against Virginia?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

92 59.74%
  • Taylor King

0 0%
  • Dave McClure

0 0%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

6 3.90%
  • Greg Paulus

39 25.32%
  • Jon Scheyer

13 8.44%
  • Kyle Singler

3 1.95%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Lance Thomas

0 0%
  • Brian Zoubek

1 0.65%

Man of the Match vs. Virginia

Who was the Man of the Match in the 3/5 game at Virginia?

I voted for Hendo, but, once again, there were a lot of options. I will be interested to see the +/- on Scheyer.

Scheyer was everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    Scheyer was everywhere.
    Mr. Everywhere!!

Henderson. He just seemed to be in a really good flow. Clearly, the rest of team played quite well. (I guess Nolan's knee is still bothering him but he's seems to be fighting through it). I liked some of the plays for Zoubek, and his passing...

I vote for the player I never knew we had, but was apparently in our starting lineup (according to ESPN's graphic):

LANCE THOMOPSON!

In all seriousness, I vote for Brian Zoubek. He gave us solid minutes, and honestly was our most effective big other than Singler. Having a Zoubek contributing is a BIG positive going into the "big game".

Playing the point

I voted for Greg... in part because of his shooting but largely because he really exerted his leadership out on the court tonight...

However, I must say that Jon's toss it up in the air over the head and see where it lands shot was absolutely awesome! He is my overall hero this season.

I was also really pleased to see Gerald do so very well.

I think it didn't hurt us that Singletary and the others were tired.
    DukeDevilDeb

I went with Gerald. I'm going to cover this (maybe in its own thread, at some point) elsewhere, but I'm so proud of the way he has improved. I criticized him earlier in the year for playing with his head down. I never dreamed he could improve his passing/vision this much during the season. And the way he has adjusted to his injury and played through is just fantastic. The kid deserves MAJOR props.

Let's give some love to Gerald. To me his drives are what makes Duke's offense effective. He pulls the defense and creates open threes for everyone. What a stat line. I can't believe that he is only credited for four assists.

Henderson

Henderson did almost everything tonight and looked very comfortable. I think he led the team in assists and points. When he plays like this, Duke is very tough to beat. He has all the makings of a star- he just needs to be more consistent. Stringing 10 more games like this in a row would be a great start.

I vote for Coach K for MOTM. He realized the man to man wasn't working, switched to zone and stuck with it. As far as players go, I think Henderson played a solid game.

Very tough choice tonight between Paulus and Henderson. Both really played well and do a lot of the little things as well. Henderson is just so athletic and was shooting and rebound well tonight. Paulus also shot well and showed some great leadership. He's really getting tough out there and becoming much more of a leader. To a lesser extent but still played well and gave us some very good minn's was Zoubek. He's really coming on since he's back from his latest injury.

Henderson scored at will. He drove to the basket and had several good mid-range jumpers and 1 three pointer. What impressed me more was his defensive rotations and pressure resulting in a couple of steals. He got credited for one, but he had a couple more that occurred because of his pressure on the Virginia (non-Singletary) ball handlers. Very complete game.

Motm

GH, but not by a large margin. JS was super solid and was everywhere, GP with a nice A:TO again, KS for a great 2nd half. But G had a great stat line, especially with the 4 A and only 2 TO. Now for a HUGE game vs the holes with a great supporting cast.

Voted for GH, but really had to think about that. JS, GP, DM, etc. all on their game (for the most part). Can we vote for the whole team AND Coach K??

Another fine 2007 - 2008 TEAM victory. I have not yet reviewed the box score, however, I believe at least five of our guys scored in double figures. Excellent defense was also widely dispersed. In addition, he coaching staff's fairly unusual -- and key -- move to zone certainly contributed. I voted for Greg Paulus, but I would not argue with those who opted for Nelson, Henderson, Scheyer, Singler, and others.

A really good team effort that was fun to watch. Gerald was the MOTM. Lots of guys played well last night but GH was the best of the bunch. It was really nice to see Zoubek play so well again. He was disruptive (in a good way this time) on both ends of the floor.

Hendo

Solid team effort, but had to go with Gerald.