Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This was an add on to my post the other day on the UVA after-game thread. It seems this is a better home:

A word about Scheyer: who he reminds me of is a mixing between two greats, Clyde and Pistol. When he dribbles on the exterior or is near the basket (that shot off the rebound I have never seen before; I have seen guys shoot back to the basket from that position many, many times; have done it myself hundreds (when I was a much younger man), but never with the delivery and type spin Scheyer put on it. Pure Pistol, as is often the case when he is dribbling high near his hip, looking the defender dead in the eye, near half court. Pure Pistol. But, then there is the economy, the humility, the focus, of Clyde.

No, Scheyer does not have the skills of either, at least not yet, and Clyde was perhaps the best in the NBA for at least several years, but if you saw those guys play, and then you watch Scheyer, I think you'll see some of [them in him].

Don't discount the possibility that K is having Scheyer is handle the ball more to give the opposing teams new looks to worry about. I think that Smith's injury (not to mentions Paulus' recent hot shooting) is definitely part of the reason but showing a different look (and Scheyer is certainly up to the task) forces the defenses to adjust to one more thing. This is especially important when you're playing a team for a second time.

I think that Nolan is also still nursing that hyperextension that he re-injured, remember? That's why his minutes have gone down some. It appears to me that K may be limiting his playing time a little to try to help it heal up some for the coming critical games.

ricks

Scheyer rocks!

JS is so valuable to this team. He can do most anything! 6th man, 1st man -- doesn't matter. The BB IQ of JS and KS amaze me. GO DEVILS! I'm waiting with bated breath for Sat.