Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shane has got to feel great playing on a winning team, and being a big contributor to it. How many good players toil in obscurity and futility? Being part of 20 straight wins and entering the national conversation, it's got to be a breath of fresh air for him.

I'm sorry Yao won't be part of this run - he's a great asset. But as Phoenix has shown, it isn't always easy for a running team to adapt to having a giant in the middle.

shane has always been, and forever will be, the epitome of duke basketball. others may have different records, highlight reel footage, and titles, but shane is what duke BB AND duke university is all about.

I had the good fortune to get my son back in the locker room after a duke game when he was a junior. My son was about 9. shane spent time with him like they were long lost friends. some of the other players were polite, gave autographs and took time to talk, but shane was clearly different.

can't say enough good things about him and i'm totally stoked to see him on a winning team...

best of luck to him

The other great thing about this winning streak is that it really is showing a new group of people just how valuable Shane really is. Duke fans have known it for years but now Rockets fans and NBA fans in general are getting a great reminder. Not that Shane was ever unappreciated, but I think the way this Rockets team work really emphasizes the importance of the "little things." And when it comes to that there's no one better than Shane. Its great to see him getting the recognition that he completely deserves. And as a Rockets fan I'm very glad we have him.

And on a side note, that clip of Deke impressions was classic.

now let's just get JJ on a team where he fits in....namely, on a team with some major superstar where he can be an option left wide open...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    I had the good fortune to get my son back in the locker room after a duke game when he was a junior. My son was about 9. shane spent time with him like they were long lost friends. some of the other players were polite, gave autographs and took time to talk, but shane was clearly different.
    Wow, what an experience for your son. How did that happen?
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Wow, what an experience for your son. How did that happen?
    we had a hookup coach K also spent more than a few minutes with him. we were very fortunate.