Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Favorite Cameron Crazie chant/sign

Want to know what Crazie chant or sign or activity causes your glee.

For me, "The Mind is a Terrapin Thing to Waste" ranks most highly.

My challenge is to pick only ONE. (Otherwise my list is endless).

SO PICK ONE!

Let's give the Crazies our love -- and a new goal to set!! GO DEVILS!!

My Favorite...

This is the story I always tell people in regards to the Crazies....It was several years ago (can't remember the year) but it was in the Greg Buckner era of Clemson. We were playing Clemson at home and I was at the game and it was my first experience at Cameron. Clemson got the jumpball and passed the ball around for about 15-20 seconds and eventually scored. However, the clock never started. So the refs took a good 5-10 minutes it seemed, to look at the monitor to determine how much time had ticked off. After a about 5 minutes the crowd was getting anxious to resume play and since we were down 2-0 the Crazies started chanting....START IT OVER (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap) START IT OVER... I remember thinking how clever that was and to be able to come up with something like that on the spot and get the whole place chanting it almost instantly was amazing. I remember the ref looking up from the monitor for a second and smiled at the crowd. It was great!!!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Gthc

My favorite will always be "Go to hell Carolina, go to hell" during the Carolina game. It's an oldie, but goodie, and it is so fun to join 9000 other people hurling it down on to the court.

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    My favorite will always be "Go to hell Carolina, go to hell" during the Carolina game. It's an oldie, but goodie, and it is so fun to join 9000 other people hurling it down on to the court.
    LOUD AND OFTEN!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I don't think it's much of a mystery what my favorite sign is. My tribute to it appears both in my avatar and occasionally on the front page!

After the Terry Sanford letter (or around that timeframe), signs held up behind the backboard as opponents were trying to hit free throws:

Please Miss.

I love sarcasm, and if it were a woman, I would marry it and by it flowers and take it out for sushi often.

-EarlJam

I wasn't there for it but I heard about a cheer...
    "ademola okulaja beats himself" (clap clap) etc.
    I've likely butchered the spelling. If so, no apologies to the Tar Heel. If I didn't, my apologies to Duke for uttering a Tar Heel name.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

"You suck, Richard" is my favorite Cameron moment of all time.

The Fear the Classroom and A Mind is a Terrapin Thing to Waste are great. I wish the cheers were easier to understand on TV - or is it just my hearing.

While attending games, I liked the Green Shorts cheer - mainly because of the looks of confusion on the opposing teams faces when it started. (New Dukies had the confused look also until it was explained to them.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    The Fear the Classroom and A Mind is a Terrapin Thing to Waste are great. I wish the cheers were easier to understand on TV - or is it just my hearing.

While attending games, I liked the Green Shorts cheer - mainly because of the looks of confusion on the opposing teams faces when it started. (New Dukies had the confused look also until it was explained to them.)
    I haven't heard about this and have a confused look on my face. Can someone fill me in?

Steve Hale

When former UNC guard Steve Hale punctured his lung, Cameron Crazies greeted him during a later game with the chant:

In-Hale, Ex-Hale!

That was clever, and funny as Hale.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    When former UNC guard Steve Hale punctured his lung, Cameron Crazies greeted him during a later game with the chant:

In-Hale, Ex-Hale!

That was clever, and funny as Hale.

-EarlJam

"In-Hale, Ex-Hale" at the '86 season closer was my all-time favorite. IIRC, even he laughed at that.

Second place: "Shaq can't slam" after he made a very pretty lay-up. The look on his face ("you must be @#$@#$ kidding me!") was priceless.

Ademola Okulaja beats himself...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    I wasn't there for it but I heard about a cheer...
    "ademola okulaja beats himself" (clap clap) etc.
    I've likely butchered the spelling. If so, no apologies to the Tar Heel. If I didn't, my apologies to Duke for uttering a Tar Heel name.
    Not so much a cheer, but a song - importantly, one which was sung to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands"

There was a sign too, more as a lyric sheet to aid participation...

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    I haven't heard about this and have a confused look on my face. Can someone fill me in?
    Green Shorts:

Rattling my memory...it was 78 or 79 and there was a youth basketball game before the men's game. There was a kid who was uh..unathletic of build and lacking in natural talent (I knew whose son he was then but I think I killed those brain cells). He was sporting a pair of bright green shorts. The crowd started to cheer for him, with one said yelling 'green' and the other 'shorts'.

The cheer stuck, and remains one of my all time favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
    Green Shorts:

Rattling my memory...it was 78 or 79 and there was a youth basketball game before the men's game. There was a kid who was uh..unathletic of build and lacking in natural talent (I knew whose son he was then but I think I killed those brain cells). He was sporting a pair of bright green shorts. The crowd started to cheer for him, with one said yelling 'green' and the other 'shorts'.

The cheer stuck, and remains one of my all time favorites.
    Green Shorts' identity will remain a secret, but he is a frequent lurker (and former frequent poster) on the boards. He is still closely associated with the DBR hierarchy.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Green Shorts' identity will remain a secret, but he is a frequent lurker (and former frequent poster) on the boards. He is still closely associated with the DBR hierarchy.
    If the description of him is later edited, we know it is a mod. ;>)

He may not have been the most athletic one out there and his uniform didn't match the rest of the team, but he sure tried harder then anyone on the floor. The kid was all heart. After that, if the Blue Devils needed a push to support their efforts, the green shorts cheer would come out.

I do remember his name but it sounds like it is to be kept a secret so I'm not telling.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    He may not have been the most athletic one out there and his uniform didn't match the rest of the team, but he sure tried harder then anyone on the floor. The kid was all heart. After that, if the Blue Devils needed a push to support their efforts, the green shorts cheer would come out.

I do remember his name but it sounds like it is to be kept a secret so I'm not telling.
    I have since remembered the name, and will now keep it to myself...I should have included that he was playing with all the heart in the world...which is what inspired the crowd to get behind him. Everytime he touched the ball the place went nuts. I remember him having a very puzzled look on his face when the chant started...I know I was thinking that I hoped the kid knew we weren't mocking him.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If the description of him is later edited, we know it is a mod. ;>)
    If the description was 'athletic and a great ball player' the chant never would have started...and no one would remember green shorts.

Nothing will ever come close to a good 'ol GTCH chant. But I did love the "Sweat, gary sweat!" chants.