unc Scheduling conspiracy

I couldn't help but notice that with one game left in the regular season for both DUKE and unc, before they play each other in the final game, that unc gets to play today, while DUKE plays tomorrow. Since when does the ACC have games on a Tuesday? Is that unc's first tuesday game of the season? How badly do they want unc to win, that they have to give them an extra day of rest?

The ironic thing about this is I just read a poster on IC complaining about how Duke always gets 4 days' rest between games.

Duke got 4 days rest and Carolina got 3 days before the 2/6 game.

I'd be more worried if this was one of those Thursday night, Saturday afternoon turnarounds that Duke seems to get on occasion.

I'd be more worried if this was one of those Thursday night, Saturday afternoon turnarounds that Duke seems to get on occasion.
    We seem to have avoided those this year. Other than Maui, we've only had 2 games in 3 days once, IIRC.

Is Lawson ready?

I know he played limited min. on sun. but has anyone heard how his ankle is ?

Technically we did play Wisconsin on a Tuesday night, but that was a special deal and not a part of the regular ACC season. Let's hope the extra day makes them rusty

I know he played limited min. on sun. but has anyone heard how his ankle is ?

He played quite a bit in the second half against BC when the Heels went on their run. Assuming he doesn't tweak the ankle tonight against FSU, I wouldn't be surprised if he got close to 30 minutes on Saturday.

who cares?

in college basketball there is no such thing as "a day of rest" because they must keep up their conditioning

being a former basketball player, i'd rather have 2 days in between games than 3 or 4; my rhythm carried over better with a shorter period in between games

but I would assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that you didn't play in the ACC/Big East/Big 10...
    The level of physical play in big time college basketball is one of the main thing that separates it from High School/small time college ball. Singler was quoted as saying something along these lines earlier this year. Its not so much that they need the time to recover their energy, although thats part of it, but that they need to recover from the beating that can result from playing a very physical opponent such as either Tech, Miami or FSU are this year. Its not easy to take that type of pounding every few days, and the extra day to recover and prepare really does make a difference. (Although your point about rhythm is well taken, anybody who had to sit through the Duke Cornell game this year can respect that)

The real conspiracy

A bunch of us paid off the roofer at the Alexander Coliseum so that UVa would have play Tech last night. That way, we'll play an exhausted bunch of Hoos. You'll be getting your invoice in the mail shortly.

But it's okay for UVA to play Duke tomorrow on one day of rest? (I know, it's a make-up game.)

I hope UNC is well rested, full-strength, plays well, has no excuses, and loses big!

GTHC GTH
    Last edited by JBDuke; 03-05-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: typo

Preparing for Duke

They had the whole week off prior to Saturdays BC game. Think they devoted any time to preparing for Duke?

No, I certainly haven't played an ACC game.

But guess what? Everyone on Duke is conditioning at a much higher level and can handle MORE physical stress and have more stamina and endurance.

Yes they play at a much much much much higher level than I ever did or will, but again keep in mind their conditioning is much much much higher than the average Joe as well.

My main point was let's not start making excuses ALREADY. Pre-emptive excuse-making should be banned from this message board. Let's not complain about which team will have more rest by Saturday's game.

Balls out and full steam ahead... UNC is going down