Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jesus Christ BillyBreen!

2,629 posts?

I'm laughing my arse off right now and not even sure why! Good God.

-EJ

Wink Do Over

As the-most-unsouthern person on the planet, I've got to take this test again -- even if I have to cheat.

If I can't get below 50%...well, then I've got to get my-cousin-who's-married-to his-cousin to shoot me in the foot. Or eat some grits. Yikes!

Unhappy Uh... double-take

I took the same exact test last year when it was posted on the DBR. After four questions this year, I quit because I knew I had answered these before.

Perhaps we should enter this into the HPR, OTB-version!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Jesus Christ BillyBreen!

2,629 posts?

I'm laughing my arse off right now and not even sure why! Good God.

-EJ
    You're closing in fast, EJ. Pot, kettle.

89% for me. Maybe could have been higher but some of that "Yankee" talk rubbed off from going to college and working with people from north of Caswell County.
    Tom Mac

I took the lead in my tennis division tonight, am a self-proclaimed bad-a&&, and hence and celebrating by drinkin a glass or seven of wine.

Please do not respond by saying, "get a life." I know. I know.

-EarlJam
    Tennis? Wine? Go back to France, Pierre.

Or.....

Rednecks and people with poor grammer is everywhere. Pisses me off.

-EarlJam
    People who can't spell GRAMMAR.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Tennis? Wine? Go back to France, Pierre.
    Okay, that is funny.

Too Shey.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    People who can't spell GRAMMAR.
    You DO know that was on purpose, right? Hence the "is" as well.

Still, I must confess, I stink at grahamer.

-EarlJam

OH....

You DO know that was on purpose, right? Hence the "is" as well.

Still, I must confess, I stink at grahamer.

-EarlJam
    I get it.... Sorry about that. I stink at grammar too and grammar is one of the words I always spell wrong, which is why I pointed it out. Sorry about that Earl, sometimes it is hard to detect sarcasm. I merely meant it as a joke anyway and not a slam on you. Accept my apologies and I will gracefully retire from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    I get it.... Sorry about that. I stink at grammar too and grammar is one of the words I always spell wrong, which is why I pointed it out. Sorry about that Earl, sometimes it is hard to detect sarcasm. I merely meant it as a joke anyway and not a slam on you. Accept my apologies and I will gracefully retire from this thread.
    No apology necessary! I knew you were being "light" about it. I'm in a bad mood this morning. With no umbrella, I walked into work in the pouring rain...cold, hungry, then got slapped on the wrist for my "God is in my Toes" thread (okay, perhaps a bit over the top, comes with the EarlJam territory).

And it's still pouring rain outside. AND I'm flat OUT of narcotics and can't drink on the NEW job.

I'm going home and going to bed.

-EarlJam

I went back and forth on a few answers, as my wife, who is far more southern than I, has been working on me (ironically root vs. route is one where I appear to be MORE southern than she). I cleared my answers each time so they wouldn't affect the outcome as some have pointed out. Depending on my answers, I am anywhere between 79% and 87%, so any way I go, I'm pretty dixie. Maybe I should change my monniker to dixiedevil, though I think somebody already has that one.

I was born in Illinois, missing being born in Hawaii by less than a month, but only lived there for two years, so it probably didn't influence me TOO much. My parents are from California, so I'm sure that affected me some (not to mention that I went to high school in California), and I noticed this in a few answers. Other than that though, I have spent most of my life in some variation of the south (Texas, North Carolina, and Virginia mostly), so I guess it makes sense. Of my 32 years of life, 6 were spent NOT in the south, plus add a little for my parents, and you'd get anywhere from 15%-20% of me NOT being dixie, so I guess that makes sense.
    Last edited by bjornolf; 03-04-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: accuracy

66% Dixie??! Bah Humbug!

I am despondent, I need an intervention. I feel so bad, I am afraid they will come and take my membership to the southern party away!
    I need help before I do something stupid... like buy a bagel... with Lox!
    66%, I will never live this down!!

aaahhh, better when I retested myself and came up 74% Dixie!!
    Last edited by knights68; 03-04-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Additions

This is a classic answer, indeed.

A live bayonetting at little round top at Gettysburg, you Yankee bastard.

-EarlJam

!!!

dukestheheat

Well, I came in at 81% on this Dixie thing.
    As for the Burlington Quiz......
    I ain't from Alamance County, but I can say that I did eat at every single Huey's restaurant in the place. They've been closed long enough that some people may not remember them.

Actually the last of the Huey's resturaunts closed last September in West Burlington near the intersection of South Church St and Williamson Ave. this one was run by Paul Huey who retired. In its place is a new re-incarnation of J&G Barbecue which used to be located on North Church in East Burlington near Haw River (river and the town). The new J&G supposedly has the same recipes as the old one, but under new ownership and management. I tried it once, and it was ok, but not as good as the original.

Earl Jam, you remember the old J&G don't you?
    Tom Mac

I'm disappointed: 76 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommac View Post
    Actually the last of the Huey's resturaunts closed last September in West Burlington near the intersection of South Church St and Williamson Ave. this one was run by Paul Huey who retired. In its place is a new re-incarnation of J&G Barbecue which used to be located on North Church in East Burlington near Haw River (river and the town). The new J&G supposedly has the same recipes as the old one, but under new ownership and management. I tried it once, and it was ok, but not as good as the original.

Earl Jam, you remember the old J&G don't you?
    The old J&G!? Oh yes. Hell yes!

I grew up about a mile from that place. Remember when the old drive-in theater was just across the street? I also played a lot of basketball at the gym at the Haw River church.

Anyway, J&G was a staple in my senior high school diet. Awesome food...and sweet tea. It eventually burned down right?

Oh memories of Burlington; turn pages in my mind!

-EarlJam

I got 94%. I guess these ten years I've spent in California didn't affect me as much as I had feared.

I got a 68%, then a 73%, then 100% - all the same answers - just clicked the score button three times. South Korea must have had more of an influence than I thought.