Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How "Dixie" Are You?

Please take the following test and report your score back to Demographics Management (i.e., EarlJam).

I, EarlJam, am 84% Dixie.

This came as somewhat of a surprise to me.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...ixie_quiz.html

Your redneck friend,

-EarlJam

P.S. Not sure if this link has been posted here before, but found the test entertaining, interesting, sensual.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Please take the following test and report your score back to Demographics Management (i.e., EarlJam).

I, EarlJam, am 84% Dixie.

This came as somewhat of a surprise to me.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...ixie_quiz.html

Your redneck friend,

-EarlJam

P.S. Not sure if this link has been posted here before, but found the test entertaining, interesting, sensual.
    49%, barely Yankee. That's not altogether surprising as I've lived in Boston for the past 6 years and never acquired many of the trappings of a southern upbringing (accent, language, bearded throat) due to abject shelteredness.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Damn Yankee parents

52%. Born and raised in Durham, it's all my parents fault. (But then so was going to all them games in Cameron, so I'll give 'em some slack)

I'm 93% Dixie

It asked if General Lee was my father.
    Last edited by devilish; 03-03-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: punctuation

76% here. And I'm from Down East.
    Hoi Toid on the Saind Soid

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    76% here. And I'm from Down East.
    Hoi Toid on the Saind Soid
    LOL..you ARE from Down East!

51% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

I guess that's what I get for spending about half my life in the South.

(Though I have to say, I'm surprised at the amount of redneck-yness there is here in the eastern/southern portions of Washington.)

I am barely Dixie (57%).

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

(Though I have to say, I'm surprised at the amount of redneck-yness there is here in the eastern/southern portions of Washington.)
    Rednecks and people with poor grammer is everywhere. Pisses me off.

-EarlJam

I ran a little experiment. With all my previous answers in tact I changed one answer and hit compute my score, then for the heck of it I it the button again. Each time my score went up.

So, I decided to take the test again, using the same answers I had initially used. This time my score was 73% Dixie.

Perhaps the management needs to tweak this a little.

76% but I would have been 100% if 13 years in the Chicago burbs hadn't screwed up my accent!

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I ran a little experiment. With all my previous answers in tact I changed one answer and hit compute my score, then for the heck of it I it the button again. Each time my score went up.

So, I decided to take the test again, using the same answers I had initially used. This time my score was 73% Dixie.

Yeah, I noticed that little bug in their web app. Each click of compute ratchets up your score. Looks like someone isn't properly clearing a var before re-running their calculations!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that little bug in their web app. Each click of compute ratchets up your score. Looks like someone isn't properly clearing a var before re-running their calculations!
    Dang.

I HATE it when redneck detecting devices are proven inefficient.

-EarlJam

I are 63% Dixie

And proud of it!

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Dang.

I HATE it when redneck detecting devices are proven inefficient.

-EarlJam
    Well, I was 87% red neck, but now I'm not sure whether I've earned it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

The whole PacNW is pretty rednecky outside of King, Snohomish and Multnomah counties. Actually lots of Snohomish is pretty rednecky too.

Maybe it's not a bug, but just accurate reporting. It could be that the longer you spend on the questions the more southern you become, a subliminal thing. Southernness is insidious. As someone who grew up in the north (North Carolina), but currently resides in the south (South Carolina) I've seen it happen repeatedly.

not a good quiz

I mean, come on, at least you should include questions like,
    * how many cars are in your front yard
    * how many of those are within 10 ft from living space?
    * assuming you answered more than 0, how many of them are on cinder blocks
    * how many beer cans are in a pile next to said car?
    * bonus points if it's a z/28 or el camino
    * more bonus points if it's got primer or general lee paint scheme

This guy's winning so far... not to mention, he's from the future.

Same thing happend to me, exactly. I wonder if we also gave the exact same answers? I'm pretty sure I'm not 73% Dixie although I wouldn't be offended if it really came out that way.

I've taken a couple of tests lie this before and I always feel like some obvious choices are missing for some of the multiple choice questions. For example:

7. How do you address a group of people?
    Missing choice is "All y'all". I mean really.

11. What do you call gym shoes?
    The two extremes are missing: tenny-pumps (south Louisiana, maybe?) and trainers (Brit influenced)

Also, this just kills me:
    19. What's a drive through liquor store called?
    I said "Brew Thru" because of the beer stores at the beach here in NC, but there is an actual drive through liquor store in a college town near where my family is from in Louisiana. The first time I actually went there just blew me away. In addition to buying a bottle of liquor you can buy "daiquiris" in three sizes (big styrofoam carry out cups like a milkshake from a fast food place) and in about 75 flavors. When we were there they were preparing for the late afternoon rush by setting up a huge tray of Jello shooters. Is this a nationwide thing that I just never noticed before or is it a Louisiana/Texas thing or something?

The question about what do you a call a drink isn't fair. In the south it's not called coke, unless it's mixed w/ Jack!

And drive through liquor store...what about driving to your next door neighbor's garage to get the moonshine?