Need help what hotel to stay

Im going to raleigh for the ncaa tourny, I want a hotel close to the rbc center, and where there is some nightlife activities

You are asking for two things that are mutually exclusive. The RBC center is in the middle of nowhere - there are some hotels near the big ATM, but they are not near any of the downtown sports of Raleigh (yuck), Chapel Hill (don't even think about it) or Durham (where all the cool people live).

Decide which you want more - near RBC or near nightlife. The RBC center is pretty easy to get in and out of, so not staying real close to it shouldn't be a problem - you'll still hve easy accessability.

thanks

I guess I need the nightlife but close enough where a could get a taxi to the game

That helps - I didn't realize you'd be without a car. There is an increasing number of good bars and restarauts in Raleigh, both downtown and in the Moore Square area. I'd try the Raleigh Sheraton on S. Salisbury Street (919) 834-9900

thanks

I will look into it, do you know of any clubs like shooters 2 in Durham

Quote Originally Posted by duke211 View Post
    I will look into it, do you know of any clubs like shooters 2 in Durham
    Thankfully, no. I'm way too old for Shooters 2. In fact, my personal opinionis that there is avery narrow window for clubs like shooters 2 - you can't get in until you're 21 and by the time you're 22 you can't wait to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    Thankfully, no. I'm way too old for Shooters 2. In fact, my personal opinionis that there is avery narrow window for clubs like shooters 2 - you can't get in until you're 21 and by the time you're 22 you can't wait to get out.
    a-freakin-men. Although I rarely had a problem getting in before I was 21 (and judging from the crowds there at the time, few did).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

The last time we stayed in Raleigh, we stayed at the Sheraton right across the street from Crabtree Valley. It wasn't too far away from the RBC center if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if it was within walking distance or not. (Being that we went to a Hurricanes game, I'm pretty sure I booked the hotel within a pretty close distance to the RBC center...)

No, Crabtree is not within walking distance of the RBC center.

Raleigh made a colossal mistake when they didn't build the arena downtown. RBC was built near a limited-access, four-lane highway so folks could get in and out of parking lots as quickly as possible.

And pretty much everything about Raleigh assumes that one has an automobile.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Hope you get to see Duke

I appreciate your optimism, but I really hope you get to see the true blue team play. I'd get the hotel reservations after the Va game.

Yea we need to win that game

As for shooters 2 my younger brother is comming with me he just turned 21, so at night he wants to go where there is dancing and a dj

The many hotels near RDU airport are relatively proximate to the RBC Center (direct Interstate access). Perhaps their shuttles will take you to RBC and a cab could certainly be summoned. However, without a car these hotels are likely to be your weekend venue.

You might also check Triangle Transit. The Fairgrounds stop seems to be within walking distance of the RBC Center. I admit, though, that I've never ridden TTA. The regular Raleigh Capital Area Transit system doesn't seem to go out that far.