Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking Seems like a happy Klemnop!

Quote Originally Posted by Klemnop View Post
    10 years of demons exorcised tonight.
    Congratulations, but now it's on to the next business at hand. I'd like nothing more than for Clemson to avenge that other demon, UNC, on the Saturday ACC tourney game. A win like the one at Md can have a major positive effect on Clemson. Play to improve the NCAA seeding.

Dare I say it ... NEXT PLAY, KLEMNOP!!

Best of luck (except, of course, against Duke),
    Lavabe

ACC = at least 4 bids

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Okay, dokey kids, let's get real. The selection committee has NEVER in recent memory given the ACC its due, and this year we don't even have a strong presence pulling for us.

There are only TWO locks for the Dance -- Duke and UNC. Now, I can't imagine the committee not giving us at least three teams.... but beyond that (IMHO) it's a question mark, unless someone makes a good run in the ACC Tourney -- but...fellow Dukies that is another target on our back.

If all the smaller and mid-major conferences play out without upsets (...chances are, that ain't gonna happen), then we could get 4-6 bids. But don't hold your breath. When other majors 'beat up on each other' during conference play, it's because "everyone in the conference is so strong." When ACC teams beat up on each other with competitive furor it's because "the league is so weak." Not my words, but the words of stupid pundits coast-to-coast.

I think there's a slight possibility that we could get four. Please committee prove me wrong.
    I think Duke, UNC, Clemson are locks and a bid is Miami's to lose. Miami would have to really mess it up themselves at this point. Any 5th bid must be earned. MD, VT, and WF all have a shot but I think one of those teams would need a strong finish to the season and 2+ wins in the ACC tourney to have a shot.

Funniest line from the Washington Post's blog comments section:

Can someone tell the Terps they're screwing up our RPI?

- The American University men's basketball team

A thing of true beauty. The DC media reaction has been ferocious (Mike Wise’s Post column is scathing, with many press references to Duke's two 2001 classic "from behind" defeats of the Terps). I shamefully admit, I revel in Maryland's folding under pressure, from a twenty-point lead with ~10 minutes remaining, and I hope that Gary Williams – and his “Fear the Turtle" crowd – again have an opportunity to excel in the NIT.

Kudos to Coach Purnell and his Clemson squad, for tenacity and poise.

5. Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    A thing of true beauty. The DC media reaction has been ferocious (Mike Wise’s Post column is scathing, with many press references to Duke's two 2001 classic "from behind" defeats of the Terps). I shamefully admit, I revel in Maryland's folding under pressure, from a twenty-point lead with ~10 minutes remaining, and I hope that Gary Williams – and his “Fear the Turtle" crowd – again have an opportunity to excel in the NIT.

I, too, love to see the Terps go down. The only downside, however, is that outside of Duke and UNC, they have been the only other consistent power in the ACC and I don't want to see the quality of our conference lessened by teams such as UM continuing to be weak.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post

Very, very well put!
    EXCEPT, there is no shame on my part for the fact that I revel in MD's pain. Couldn't happen to a better coach or school not based in North Carolina.