Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Duke WBB v UNC-Chapel Hill

Okay, break out your hatchel voo doo dolls and get to work. I've already PM'd EarlJam with this request Seriously, I hope the women are ready to play a cohesive game and that they flat out bring it!

GO DUKE!!

OK, I'll confess I'm nervous about this game, but I'm throwing down all the anti-Sylvia mojo I can muster and hope our ladies are ready for this! C'mon, you can do it! GTHC! GO BLUE DEVILS!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

We can do it!

We showed against Tenn, Md. and UNC that we can play, we just need to prove that we can close it out. We've done it once before this year Vs. Rutgers. As long as we don't keep missing so many inside shots and losing those second chance points we'll be ok. Take it to em ladies! GO DUKE!!

I going to need a long chlorox bath or something, because i am descending into carmicHELL to see the ladies play in person. I'm in the duke section, but I have a feeling im going to have that icky-I-cant-believe-I-was-in-that-baby-blue-inferno. At least it ain't the nose dome; no rediculous banners in carmichael.

I broke out the new duke hoodie for tonight's game... I have a good feeling about it. I know there is no better feeling than walking out after a Duke win over there, but I have some bad memories from leaving Kenan about 3 months ago... and leaving wallace wad about 15 months ago (which really was nothing more than kenan with a bunch of Duke fans; still tons of unc fans there).

GO TO HELL carolina!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    CREATE THE MOST OBNOXIOUS PRO-DUKE SIGN THAT YOU CAN THINK OF!!
    Have a blast in hell, I hope you and your hoodie will us to victory. Some of us local clamdiggers are getting together to watch, but we need all the onsite support we can get. I took my mom to last year's game in Cameron, it was just as great of an environment as any men's game I've been to. But on the inside, it was the right color blue, too..lol.

41-23. Ick.

Angry

Duke women's team is really out of sync. I heard the announcers say Coach Palumbo stressed composure before the game. As usual a total lack of composure. They need to recruit some women that can make plays that are available. This season they got 20 wins,but they have fallen apart when they see Carolina Blue thus far. Don't expect them to advance very far in the NCAA tourney,but hope I am wrong.

I've watched some of the first half, and this is really not a good performance at all by Duke. They look over-matched vs Carolina in terms of speed and quickness. The Duke backcourt in particular is struggling. I believe veteran players Abby Waner and Wannisha Smith are scoreless at half-time, and have several turnovers. Is the team packing it in for the season?

I don't know what is wrong with this team. They need to start over. Fundamentals are completely lacking..

Well, they've roughed up everyone in the conference not named MD and UNC, and they're going to finish the RS 21-8. I fail to see how we need to "start over."

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

11. Something seems different from the last few seasons. I just can't quite put my finger on it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Well, they've roughed up everyone in the conference not named MD and UNC, and they're going to finish the RS 21-8. I fail to see how we need to "start over."
    Misleading, given the fact that the rest of the conference blows ^$%^$%^$%.

Thumbs down

Don't worry Throaty beard I"ll put on my Duke Blue shades . This team is wonderful They will be 21 and 8.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilCastDownfromDurham View Post
    Something seems different from the last few seasons. I just can't quite put my finger on it . . .
    Little things...not being able to make that pass, below average from long range, free throws, lapses on defense, etc...

Yes, we have beaten everyone in the conference not named unc and Maryland. But in the tournament, those are the types of teams your going to have to beat.

And this game's really getting out of hand now.

Well they only lost by 31 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    I don't know what is wrong with this team. They need to start over.
    This *is* starting over.

Thank you, Joe Alleva.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    You're being dishonest. There's no parity in women's basketball. It's the national title contenders and everyone else, and we're clearly in the "everyone else" category. We may not be as awful as some people are making us out to be but there's some serious problems with the team/program right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    You're being dishonest. There's no parity in women's basketball. It's the national title contenders and everyone else, and we're clearly in the "everyone else" category. We may not be as awful as some people are making us out to be but there's some serious problems with the team/program right now.
    Exactly. The women's ACC is not as strong overall as the men's, so for MD and UNC to be the only teams we can't beat isn't saying that much. And do not forget that we got beat by 31 points. That's horrible. Humiliating. I've been very willing to give the benefit of the doubt before now, but this game was AWFUL and I don't have a lot of optimism for the ACC or NCAA tournaments at this point.

pathetic. just pathetic today.
    I almost lost it when the unc student section started to call for the crazy towel guy
    I was in the section behind the Duke bench; P seemed mad as hell out there. Those who are saying (both here and on TDD< but mostly on TDD) that P wasn't trying didnt watch the game from the stands as I did. P was extremely angry with the effort (or lack thereof) on the court today.

I'm not sure what is wrong here, but I fear we may be in a decline. Throaty, we are winning those other games on the leftover talent from G. once G's last class is gone in 3 years, I doubt we will win those games. P's offense is so damn frustrating. and no, I disagree, we are not "fine." Everything is far from "fine."

Gadzooks is 100&#37; correct; there is no parity in womens basketball. The glory days of DWB are now wearing high heels in texas, where the longhornes were COACHED to a victory over a much more talented OU team.

I did see one pro-duke sign i liked from some of the students who were at the game:
    "It's hot as hell in here. coincidence?"

I know women's basketball isn't a very popular subject on these boards, but Gail's teams were extremely entertaining to watch and very very rarely overmatched. I was proud to have them representing Duke, and the loss to Maryland in the final game was as depressed as I've ever been about any Duke loss, men or women.

This year's team has come close to ruining my enjoyment of the women's game, and has been completely unwatchable at times -- today's effort was a massive, massive train wreck. I fear we may be seeing the women's version of Doh...except even Doh at least managed to win with players he inherited. Eventually, they quit on him -- which seems to be what's happening with this year's players with relation to Coach P.