Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    How the hell do that many UNC fans get to that game? I was just at our game and there was like 1/4 Dukies there. This sounds like there is more holes than eagles!
    I'd love to see how Carolina would respond if they had to play against the same hostility that Duke does night in and night out on the road. There's no doubt that crowds hate Duke far, far more than UNC. I'm not sure, other than Cameron, that UNC faces a true road test in the same way Duke does at any point in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I'd love to see how Carolina would respond if they had to play against the same hostility that Duke does night in and night out on the road. There's no doubt that crowds hate Duke far, far more than UNC. I'm not sure, other than Cameron, that UNC faces a true road test in the same way Duke does at any point in the year.
    Agreed. We definitely get everyones BEST shot. The only true road test UNC gets - besides us - is NCSU. It's still not the same though. People dont storm the court when they beat UNC - they always do when they beat us.

Look at the bright side... UNC is stuck with Dykes, we got Raftery for our game.

I can't believe how lethargic the crowd has been, even when they had the big lead. Its like beating UNC was a nice idea, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtilal View Post
    Look at the bright side... UNC is stuck with Dykes, we got Raftery for our game.
    Have to agree. Dykes is horrible. It's painful to listen to him.

Billy Raf is the best. I loved his signature "ONIONS!" when Paulus hit the three to tie the game.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Calling Throaty...

Is this 2f or a variation thereof? (for the newbies who are reading, refer to the Handy Pocket Reference - it's linked as a sticky)

Gary: I'm not picking on you, I promise. I've been noticing a lot of other posts like this one and wondered if a revision of the HPR was in order.

Da-du-hon-hon-hon, Da-du-hon-hon.
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 03-01-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: recognition of new temporary status!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Is this 2f or a variation thereof? (for the newbies who are reading, refer to the Handy Pocket Reference - it's linked as a sticky)

Gary: I'm not picking on you, I promise. I've been noticing a lot of other posts like this one and wondered if a revision of the HPR was in order.

Da-du-hon-hon-hon, Da-du-hon-hon.
    No, this is a different issue and requires a new entry, as best I know. It's not a variation of 2f, or at least it's not intended to be that. I think it's worthy of it's own number/letter.

Oh, and if there is a revision I call dibs on everything in category #2 as needing to be nick-named "Gary's Conspiracy Theories".

What are you guys talking about? Dykes' amazing contributions to the game of basketball, in regards to his innovative yet scientifically impossible Shadow Defender complexions and secrets, have been nothing short of amazng. He's an icon.

Without the shadow defenders crazily disappearing and reappearing at different times on the court for Carolina, BC wins by 80.

No, this is a different issue and requires a new entry, as best I know. It's not a variation of 2f, or at least it's not intended to be that. I think it's worthy of it's own number/letter.

Oh, and if there is a revision I call dibs on everything in category #2 as needing to be nick-named "Gary's Conspiracy Theories".
    I think you're probably right. It does fall into the "everyone is against us" category but isn't quite 2f (UNC owns the media and they're all against us). I read the entire HPR and this did seem to be the closest, though.

As an aside, I had almost forgotten the true genius of the HPR. For those of you who haven't read it lately, go take a look and then look at the threads on the first page of the Elizabeth King Forum. Throaty, I salute you.
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 03-01-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: correction of typo

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Have to agree. Dykes is horrible. It's painful to listen to him.

Billy Raf is the best. I loved his signature "ONIONS!" when Paulus hit the three to tie the game.
    Did anyone hear Dykes during the game today? Talk about Patrick and Vitale's obssession with Duke all you want but Dykes has been on Hansbrough's jockstrap all year. Today, while UNC was making their run to get back into the game Dykes goes off on a rant that sounded something like:

"And if you're UNC, you cannot let one guy beat you; you can't let one guy prevent you from keeping pace with Duke, from a potential #1 seed. there's just too much on the line."

Sounds like a UNC fan if I've ever heard one. It just seemed a little inappropriate for a color guy to have such Carolina Blue-colored glasses.

Dykes is cuckoo silly for TBangs. As are all of the announcers that I've heard this year. They're acting like a bunch of teenaged girls at the mall. Pretty soon they'll start slapping and tickling each other during 'holes games.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Dykes is cuckoo silly for TBangs. As are all of the announcers that I've heard this year. They're acting like a bunch of teenaged girls at the mall. Pretty soon they'll start slapping and tickling each other during 'holes games.
    I agree, and Billy Packer is just as bad. He was horrid during the Duke/UNC game....apologist to the max, especially when Hansbrokenface missed a free throw. Patheticcccc.