Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Congrats to Coach K on win #800

Less than 4 years to go to #903

Great milestone for coach K and his assistants

They could have easily lost the game today, but an even hand and staying with the tough determined kids worked out in the end. Great emotional game today.

Towards the end of the game, the camera focused on K during a State free throw and you could just see that computer in Mike's head coming up with the solution. Thank you, God, for allowing us to have such a great, truly wonderful man as our coach.

Loved the emotion of the players immediately following the buzzer; they all swarmed Coach and celebrated with him. Obviously, they knew the significance (not to mention the joy in the comeback).

Thanks, Coach, we are priviledged to be associated with you, the team and the University.

Nobody better

Coach K On Tv Alert

CBS will be interviewing him at the halftime of the Georgetown-Marq game (in about 2 min)

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    CBS will be interviewing him at the halftime of the Georgetown-Marq game (in about 2 min)
    Thanks for the alert.

Best ever. Congrats, Coach!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Thanks very much BluePenguin.

I find it amusing that Coach K calls the Kentucky game, "the Laettner thing."

Last edited by throatybeard; 03-02-2008 at 10:44 AM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Towards the end of the game, the camera focused on K during a State free throw and you could just see that computer in Mike's head coming up with the solution. Thank you, God, for allowing us to have such a great, truly wonderful man as our coach.
    Awwww!! I got chills.

Congrats Coach!! Here's to 800 more.

Congrats, Coach K!!!

congrats on 800

Hope u stay around for 1000

For the benefit of those who didn't get to listen to the interview, here's what happened in brief (paraphrased of course) :

K thanked Bob Knight, said he always gets emotional in moments like these when he thinks about Coach Knight's influence on him. He specifically mentioned the experience gained with Coach Knight during international play (someone could enlighten me here but wasn't exactly sure what he was referring to here). He mentioned his connection with Henry Iba through Coach Knight and how much he benefitted from just listening to them. He said he would just "shut-up" and listen to what the two had to say.

He was asked and ofcourse remembered the "Laettner thing".

He said that having had players like Hill, Laettner and Hurley surely helped and added jokingly that maybe he's starting to lose credibility now (loss to the NBA ?).

Jokingly again he said he's already forgotten about the State game (I guess in reference to some of the bad plays).

Agree with all. Truly a class act and we are so privileged that he is part of the family.

One of my favorite stories happened at the Yoh Center Dedication when I overheard a older gentlemen point out Tom Butters to his 5 or 6 year old granddaughter by saying, "That is Tom Butters, the guy who hired Coach K."

Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post

One of my favorite stories happened at the Yoh Center Dedication when I overheard a older gentlemen point out Tom Butters to his 5 or 6 year old granddaughter by saying, "That is Tom Butters, the guy who hired Coach K."
    And he should have added "and the man who refused to fire him."
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:* Congratulations Coach K*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨

Congratulations Coach K! Thank you for being the awesome coach you are.

Best quote ever on DBR. Ever.

Congrats Coach K!

I was honored enough to be in attendance at the RBC center today smack dab in the middle of the very empty and quiet NCSU Student Section. I was a little worried what might happen or what would be yelled at me today however the RBC center was not filled even 75% today. It kind of upset me that NCSU did not fill that arena knowing that another Duke Milestone for Coach was about to be made.

Thanks to the players for putting it all on the court today to get that W for their coach! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!!!