View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. NC State?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

3 1.75%
  • Taylor King

0 0%
  • Dave McClure

0 0%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

85 49.71%
  • Greg Paulus

18 10.53%
  • Jon Scheyer

61 35.67%
  • Kyle Singler

2 1.17%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Lance Thomas

2 1.17%
  • Brian Zoubek

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Man of the Match vs. NC State

Who was the Man of the Match in the 3/1 game at NC State?

Edit: The correct answer is "Jon Scheyer." Those who don't vote for Jon Scheyer will be hunted down by Karl Rove. I'm Jumbo, and I approve this message.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 03-01-2008 at 03:31 PM.

To answer my own question, there's no doubt in my mind that it was Scheyer. He kept Duke from ever falling too far behind, scored when he had to, got to the line and made a ton of nice passes that either led to assists, or wide-open jumpers that guys missed. Add in some really good defense on the wing (including a key steal late in the game) during an afternoon where the team struggled on that end, and it was an easy pick for me.

I went with Scheyer as well, for the same reasons as Jumbo.

I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    To answer my own question, there's no doubt in my mind that it was Scheyer. He kept Duke from ever falling too far behind, scored when he had to, got to the line and made a ton of nice passes that either led to assists, or wide-open jumpers that guys missed. Add in some really good defense on the wing (including a key steal late in the game) during an afternoon where the team struggled on that end, and it was an easy pick for me.
    Scheyer played a great game and kept the team in it all the way. While Henderson, Paulus and Nelson did well, Scheyer was superb

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    there's no doubt in my mind
    Did Gary steal your login?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Demarcus and Jon had similar numbers. So the tiebreaker is - who expected to see Demarcus hit the winning free throws in a close game?

Scheyer

He just keeps getting better in every facet of the game. He can hit the 3, the mid range and finish around the goal. I love his new ball fakes. He is our glue on D. He is just so much tougher this year than last. He is a becoming a bigger Juan Dixon.

But, Demarcus making that late 3, looking down and stepping back and then NAILING it?!
    Holy smokes.

I have to go with Demarcus, despite Scheyer's excellent play and Paulus' shooting, it was Nelson's FT shooting that sealed #800.

I went with Nelson..his 3 at the end of the game, then the 2 freethrows...Great game by Jon too though.

Nelson. W/o him, we have chance at the end. He hit the FT's, made some 3balls, and was the senior leader that we needed in adversity.

Could have voted for Jon as well.

Nelson, but barely. Scheyer played superbly, and kept us alive, but DMarc won us the game.

I voted for DeMarcus Nelson as his step back 3-pointer and FTs were critical. However, Scheyer definitely played a tremendous game.
    Bob Green

Torn between Mr.Consistent and and Mr. Clutch (there's something to be said for someone who overcomes a sub-par game, and not only plays better but does things he usually doesn't do well (DeMarcus: free-throws and that awesome three).
    However, I think consistency shouldn't weigh against anyone and therefore, my vote is for Jon with a huge pat on the back to Nelson and kudos to everybody on the team esp. Lance.

Demarcus shot so well at the free throw line that I can't overlook the effort. The shots wouldn't fall for most of the game but he took a big one at the end and then hit at the free throw line when needed most. With out the great team performance from the charity stripe Duke wouldn't be leaving Raleigh with a W.

This would be a great time for a co-MOM as I believe both deserved it.

Lance Thomas
    ~rthomas

Jon was MOTM for the first 30 minutes and Markie was MOTM for the last 10. I had to go with Jon because I don't think Duke has a chance to steal this one without his perfect start.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Lance Thomas
    I loved his attitude after that hard fall. I wish he would have knocked the FT's down, but he got up and clapped... and showed the fighting spirit our team needed.

Co-MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    This would be a great time for a co-MOM as I believe both deserved it.
    I agree - we need an option to vote for more than one!

Another reason to vote for for Jon:
    Scheyer's plus/minus = +12
    Nelson's plus/minus = -9