Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Patrick Patterson to Miss Rest of Season

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3270896

Kentucky's Patrick Patterson, the Southeastern Conference's top freshman scorer, will miss the remainder of the season after being diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3270896

Kentucky's Patrick Patterson, the Southeastern Conference's top freshman scorer, will miss the remainder of the season after being diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left ankle.
    I'm sorry for Patrick, and I'm sorry for UK. Hopefully, he'll have a speedy recovery, and also decide to come back another year.

That's sad to hear. Patterson was having such a great year that he should still win SEC Freshman of the year without any problems. I don't think Kentucky was going to make the tournament anyway but any chances they had are now gone. Hopefully Patterson heals and comes back ready to go next year.

. Although he did not choose Duke, I have enjoyed watching the big man play. KY will surely miss him. Hope he recovers fully and quickly.

KY is 16-10, but 10-3 in the SEC (basically tied for second across both divisions). I think they're on the good side of the bubble at the moment, but obviously in a delicate position with the poor overall record.

Seth Davis recently mentioned that he had "heard" Patterson was thinking about going pro. As a borderline 1st-rounder IMO, this should nip that in the bud.

This never would have happened if he had come to Duke

-JE

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-JE
    Nah, he would have suffered a broken bone in his foot that would require surgery in the offseason.

-JE
    Yeah, if he would have come to Duke he probably would have snapped his femur so badly the bone would have been sticking out of his thigh!

Unhappy

Ohhh that cuts me deeply! UK's only hope now is that everyone will take them lightly and not show up. Even if miracle wins happen, without the big guy in the middle, I'm not thinking Kentucky is a top 64 team.

Patterson isn't going anywhere soon. He loves UofK. His family isn't hurting for money. That's the word around here anyway.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    At least it wasn't an injury to his nose. That boy knows how to take it to the hole so to speak.

-JE
    Yeah, Duke Sports Med would have been nice about now BOL to Patrick.

Has anyone ever heard of an injury like this before? I haven't. Stress fractures of feet, sure. But, a stress fracture of an ankle?

I thought that an ankle joint comprises bones that are pretty thick. You usually have to do something pretty violent to cause a break, other than a hairline fracture, in which a ligament tear happens near the bone and gets some of the bone's surface with it.

If it were me, the next stress fracture I encountered would be carrying all that money to the bank. If he is a first round choice, I think he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of an injury like this before? I haven't. Stress fractures of feet, sure. But, a stress fracture of an ankle?
    One of Gonzaga's best players recently came back from an ankle fracture. One of Jeff Capel's guys is nursing a similar injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Yeah, if he would have come to Duke he probably would have snapped his femur so badly the bone would have been sticking out of his thigh!
    You mean like this?

http://www.jutarnji.hr/Modules/Galle...da%2fdudu9.jpg

Warning! Not for the queasy!

It's Over

At least that is what we would have been saying if he had come to Duke and this had happened now.

Hope Patrick recovers quickly.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Originally Posted by JasonEvans

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Nah, he would have suffered a broken bone in his foot that would require surgery in the offseason.
    I bow before your wit. Excellent answer..lol.

sour grapes

Perhaps the injury was the result of the 30-35 shots per game he's getting.

The Freshman

Kentucky didn't need him against Tennessee. Yeah they lost to the #1 Team in the Country by three points on the Tennessee Home Court. You forget UK beat Tennessee earlier this year. The Conditioning that Gillespie is giving the UK Players is starting to pay off. See you in the Tourney!