Duke/UNC Ticket Prices

Look at the latest prices for Duke/UNC tickets. Wow. These kids bring in a ton of money, eh? I just purchased four. Um, no.

http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/...x?evtid=677859

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Look at the latest prices for Duke/UNC tickets. Wow. These kids bring in a ton of money, eh? I just purchased four. Um, no.

http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/...x?evtid=677859

-EarlJam
    Those prices aren't what Duke charges or receive for the tickets. Those are scalper prices. So the kids aren't really bringing in that money, at least not to/for Duke or UNC. They probably do however, inspire alumni to add some zeros to their donation checks.

I'm hoping to win the lottery sometime in the next week.

4. Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Those prices aren't what Duke charges or receive for the tickets. Those are scalper prices. So the kids aren't really bringing in that money, at least not to/for Duke or UNC. They probably do however, inspire alumni to add some zeros to their donation checks.
    Exactly. You can do a search on EBay as well and see similar price quotes.

I'm pretty sure EarlJam was aware of the Duke Athletic Department not charging a grand and change for campus basketball games.

Awwww man! I could buy an engagement ring, or I could buy some tickets to this game. Now I'm torn!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Awwww man! I could buy an engagement ring, or I could buy some tickets to this game. Now I'm torn!!!!!!
    Although the memory of the game would be great, the ring is for a lifetime. Watch on TV with friends and enjoy your engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Buy the tickets!!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Hope it's worth it..

My last Duke-Carolina game in Cameron was the double overtime game when Capel heaved the shot to keep the game going. I got lucky and my step-mom was sick, so I got her ticket. THANKS DAD!!.
    Even though we lost, I will always remember that game. Stackhouse's sick windmill dunk, Gaudet taking the reigns for a Duke team on a serious down year, and Capel playing hero, earning the love once again of those who had so recently booed him. (Actually they didn't boo him, they booed the fact that the coach was putting him in). Fickle fans. I even remember standing out in the driveway 30 minutes before my dad was supposed to pick me up. Even on a down year, one of those ones where people were questioning the validity of the rivalry, there was no way on the planet I was going to pass up the chance to see Duke-UNC in Cameron.
    Anyways, if your going to pay thousands of dollars for one event, it better stick with you for a lifetime. I got lucky and got the invite from dad who has season tickets, but I will never forget that game. It was one of the classics, and worth every thing I didn't pay. THANKS AGAIN DAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I'm pretty sure EarlJam was aware of the Duke Athletic Department not charging a grand and change for campus basketball games.
    Yes. Thanks. Though the thought is in some way funny.

-EJ

Capel playing hero, earning the love once again of those who had so recently booed him. (Actually they didn't boo him, they booed the fact that the coach was putting him in).
    You must realize the difference to him is so negligible as to mean nothing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    My last Duke-Carolina game in Cameron was the double overtime game when Capel heaved the shot to keep the game going. I got lucky and my step-mom was sick, so I got her ticket. THANKS DAD!!.
    There is no amount of family love that could stave off the forcefulnesses at which I would beg my father annually for that ticket.