Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Duke MBB vs. Georgia Tech pre-game & in-game thread

Duke takes on Georgia Tech Wednesday at 9 pm (Thursday 11 am Japan Standard Time). Place your comments here.

We enter the game a 15.5 point favorite.
    Bob Green

Some spread, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke takes on Georgia Tech Wednesday at 9 pm (Thursday 11 am Japan Standard Time). Place your comments here.

I think we'll cover the spread. First half might be clost but look for us to wear them out in the 2nd half. GT has talent, but they're not a road team.

We have to bring our A game. GT always plays us rough and tough. They have several big bodies that are likely to crank it up a notch.

We can win big if we're on our game.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    GT has talent, but they're not a road team.

Actually - GT is better on the road in ACC play: 1-4 at home, 3-3 away.

I hope we see the same energy from our guys as last game - for the team's confidence sake, we need a BIG win.

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by brumby041 View Post
    [/I]

I hope we see the same energy from our guys as last game - for the team's confidence sake, we need a BIG win.
    That's a surprise...last year I thought they were a terrible road team so perhaps that colored my perceptions. Maybe this year is still a function of who they've played on the road. Either way, this should be Duke's game if they play like Duke.

Tech won't be easy, but tonight's pretty much the last chance to start building a head of steam heading into UNC2 and the ACCT. Can't put too much stock in the SJU game. At State and at UVa I fear serious difficulties if we're still sluggish. Now's the time to start stepping on teams from the outset. That hasn't been this team's M.O. so far, but it's never too late to start.

Big MO

We need a solid game tonight to start getting some momentum and a good conference win would go along way for the confidence of this young team

Duke connection...

This maybe old news on the board but I wasn't sure. Anyways, it turns out Georgia Tech's steely point guard, Matt Causey is the brother of former Duke walk-on Mark Causey http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/18-928274.cfm?.

Quote Originally Posted by brumby041 View Post
    [/I]

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    That's a surprise...last year I thought they were a terrible road team so perhaps that colored my perceptions. Maybe this year is still a function of who they've played on the road. Either way, this should be Duke's game if they play like Duke.
    They have been the victim of 4 close home losses - by 1 to UNC, by 2 to Maryland, by 1 to Miami, and by 2 to FSU. They're actually +5 in points scored at home. On the road, they're -9, despite the 3-3 record. So they've played roughly even at home and on the road (maybe slightly better at home), although at home has probably been against better competition on the whole.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

Quite simply, for this game to be deemed as legit, I think we have to win by at least 20. 25 would be better. Just my feeling.

we need to keep zoubs playing well... he is a big key for us down the stretch

12. Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    we need to keep zoubs playing well... he is a big key for us down the stretch
    I agree. He doesn't fit in with our "small and fast" team, but he gives us a different and valuable look when we need to rest our smaller guys, or when we need some post presence down low. As a matter of fact, I am more interested in seeing how he performs tonight as opposed to anyone else.

ya me too... he had a great game against st. johns, so it would be great for us if we can keep him going for the rest of the season and into the acct and ncaat!

That's IT, I've head enough of Len Elmore's biased BS. "It was just...it was just a push-off, nothing more, he was playing the ball!" That's regarding the blowing up of Kyle just now.

Time for 'mute' and some music. Maybe Benny Benassi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
    Oh LORD, Len Elmore, S-f-T-UUUUUU

Geeeez Louise....
    Len Elmore is killing me with his call on the clearout. The guy committed two intentional fouls on one play, yet Elmore downplays it. Ugh.

And now, to top it off, he's not really even giving Henderson any props for two great dunks in a row. Total jerk.

Gary

I'd like to welcome ya'll to the Gerald Henderson show!

Ka-Boom!!

G's wrist seems ok.

No three-pointers yet. Need to get that one out of the way so we can keep our ridiculously long streak going.

some of the worst announcing i have ever heard... utterly ridiculous!

Okay, I spoke a little too soon. First possession after I post, we nail one.

Thank you, Kyle.