Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    anyone else think it was kind of weird that the original speedo guy's wife was dating his brother first?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Where was Herr Leiderhosen last night? I don't remember seeing him in the midst of all the festival activities.
    He got kicked out of the campout for acting like a total drunk jackI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.. I believe he actually threw a punch at someone. The cops were called, it got ugly.

Props to the Divinity School!

Original Speedo Guy was a Div student (now alum) and the guy who hit the half-court shot during GameDay is a Div student. Kudos!

The guy who brought out the speedo last night was awful. Not to belabor the point, but the dance was terrible (and inappropriate enough for Shulman to apologize) - unlike Original Speedo Guy, whose dance was hilarious - and Coach K had even asked that there be no more speedos. Sigh.

On that note, the Crazies sounded loud on tv last night, but between the speedo and the "Hi, [fill in the blank]," (which I think is great), but followed by "You suck!" any of the props that Crazies get went down the tubes.

One of the great things about Cameron (as opposed to Comcast or Oregon or a few other places) is that Cameron is loud and obnoxious and full of spirit, but it is also the place where you can take your daughter or your grandmother and not be embarrassed. The thing about reputation and character is that it only takes one bad moment for all of the good that you do to go down the drain. The Crazies are, on whole, without a doubt, the very best cheering section in the nation for any sport. I am proud have been a Crazie in the grad section and proud to be a proxy Crazie now. The current version is really quite wonderful. But just one or two bad things brings the whole lot down. I hope that for the '08-'09 season, there will be less vulgarity to go along with the continued excellence otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dukerev View Post
    Props to the Divinity School!

Original Speedo Guy was a Div student (now alum) and the guy who hit the half-court shot during GameDay is a Div student. Kudos!

The guy who brought out the speedo last night was awful. Not to belabor the point, but the dance was terrible (and inappropriate enough for Shulman to apologize) - unlike Original Speedo Guy, whose dance was hilarious - and Coach K had even asked that there be no more speedos. Sigh.

On that note, the Crazies sounded loud on tv last night, but between the speedo and the "Hi, [fill in the blank]," (which I think is great), but followed by "You suck!" any of the props that Crazies get went down the tubes.

One of the great things about Cameron (as opposed to Comcast or Oregon or a few other places) is that Cameron is loud and obnoxious and full of spirit, but it is also the place where you can take your daughter or your grandmother and not be embarrassed. The thing about reputation and character is that it only takes one bad moment for all of the good that you do to go down the drain. The Crazies are, on whole, without a doubt, the very best cheering section in the nation for any sport. I am proud have been a Crazie in the grad section and proud to be a proxy Crazie now. The current version is really quite wonderful. But just one or two bad things brings the whole lot down. I hope that for the '08-'09 season, there will be less vulgarity to go along with the continued excellence otherwise.
    Kind of a slice of life. One Oh S... wipes out all of those attaboys.

I missed the ESPN Speedo Guy piece. Is it online anywhere?

The Crazies have been doing this introduction cheer for years. Nothing new. It's no different than "Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell"... Are you against that, too, preacher?

If you've read my previous sentiments on Underwear Man (glad you liked that lotus), then you certainly know I agree with you about that. His actions were uncalled for and quite ignorant. Simply, he's an a**.

With that said, I didn't find the Crazies out of line at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    The Crazies have been doing this introduction cheer for years. Nothing new. It's no different than "Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell"... Are you against that, too, preacher?

If you've read my previous sentiments on Underwear Man (glad you liked that lotus), then you certainly know I agree with you about that. His actions were uncalled for and quite ignorant. Simply, he's an a**.

With that said, I didn't find the Crazies out of line at all.
    The "you suck" may happen on occasion, but it certainly isn't the standard at Cameron, and I much prefer the "Hi 'Jon'" on its own to the version with you suck at the end. I'm not offended, and I don't think it's inappropriate, but I do think its funnier not to make fun of the team...a nice bit of "cheekiness." I'm sure you've had a lot of time in Cameron to observe the cheer, but so have I, and I generally participate. If it does happen at most games then its a small enough group not to be noticed from the bottom of the upper seating...

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The "you suck" may happen on occasion, but it certainly isn't the standard at Cameron, and I much prefer the "Hi 'Jon'" on its own to the version with you suck at the end. I'm not offended, and I don't think it's inappropriate, but I do think its funnier not to make fun of the team...a nice bit of "cheekiness." I'm sure you've had a lot of time in Cameron to observe the cheer, but so have I, and I generally participate. If it does happen at most games then its a small enough group not to be noticed from the bottom of the upper seating...
    we made a concerted effort to stop "you suck" ca 2000...sorry to see it creeping back in...