Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
    that we are out again in the sweet sixteen...you heard it here first unfortunately.
    If we lose this game I think that's a very realistic assumption. Unless we somehow rebound and win out the rest of the way (including the ACC tourney). That would indicate a rebound and possible deep run in the NCAA's. But more than likely we are looking at under-performing again in the tourney and going out earlier than expected.

Gary

Watch your language, think before you post

Moderators are watching. Please think before you post. Several posts have been deleted due to profanity and destructively negative comments.

Feel free to post comments on the less than stellar attributes of play in this game. But refrain from poor language and attacks on players.

Dumb foul singler. So obvious, right in front of the ref. And if you do knock the ball out...it goes out of bounds back to state.

Terrible.

EDIT: Amusing note, before that clutch 3, Demarc literally took 3 steps without dribbling to get behind the line. Forget my comments about the refs.

So many shots today that should have gone down and didn't. A few continuations that should have given us chances at 3 point plays but we didn't get those calls. So many shots for NCSU that I didn't think would go in and they somehow fell through the bucket. Perfect storm, I say. Perfect storm. And yet we are still in this thing with 2 minutes to go and may be able to pull it off.

I think this game is huge for Duke. If we win we are fine. If not, we are in serious trouble as far as I'm concerned.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    So many shots today that should have gone down and didn't. A few continuations that should have given us chances at 3 point plays but we didn't get those calls. So many shots for NCSU that I didn't think would go in and they somehow fell through the bucket. Perfect storm, I say. Perfect storm. And yet we are still in this thing with 2 minutes to go and may be able to pull it off.

I think this game is huge for Duke. If we win we are fine. If not, we are in serious trouble as far as I'm concerned.

Gary
    You just said this was a perfect storm. Given that, how does a close win make everything "fine," yet a close loss indicate "serious trouble?" You're talking about a few points either way, which won't change the larger areas that would indicate whether a team is "fine" or "in serious trouble," right?

Singler needs to stop with the stupid fouls.

My god. First the reach-in. Now an unecessary hold. He's a bit immature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Really? He made a bad read on a pass a few possessions ago for a turnover. But otherwise, he has spread the ball around for a ton of open shots, some of which have gone in and others which haven't. And I think he has missed three shots so far, so I don't know which ones have been forced.
    I think if you go back and rewatch the game you will see that he forced at least 2 bad, bad shots up. I mean real forces when he could have passed out to teammates. I'm just used to seeing him not make any bad decisions, but I think he's made a few uncharacteristic ones today. Nothing horrible, mind you. I'm just used to him not making any. Yes, he's made some great plays too. I'm not taking that away from him. He's far more of an asset than a liability. No doubt. But I'm just used to seeing him take good shots, and only good shots, every time he decides to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    You just said this was a perfect storm. Given that, how does a close win make everything "fine," yet a close loss indicate "serious trouble?" You're talking about a few points either way, which won't change the larger areas that would indicate whether a team is "fine" or "in serious trouble," right?
    Confidence, my friend. Confidence. If Duke pulls it out then they will know they can win these type of "perfect storm" games. If they lose, it's the 3rd time in 2 weeks when they lost to a team they almost assuredly should have beaten.

Gary

Whew! We needed that one bad!

that was truly amazing. i watched it and am not sure how it happened.