Thread: New Fun

Question New Fun

It's time for some new intriguing fun posts on DBR. So...moderators/frequent posters, let's hear from you.

New polls? New what's your favorite whatever? etc.

Need some new things for which to chew. (I am about to post ..something). But would rather let someone else have the pleasure.

Come on guys -- get creative.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post

It's a Monday. Give it a day or two.

It's time for some new intriguing fun posts on DBR. So...moderators/frequent posters, let's hear from you.

Need some new things for which to chew. (I am about to post ..something). But would rather let someone else have the pleasure.

Challenge accepted. Hold please.

Did you really post at 3:15 a.m.????

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

-EarlJam
    That is mighty early for Lower Alabama... I keed, I keed.

Well, I tried.

I had NO IDEA talking Zits was offensive!

-EarlJam

I kinda suspected...perhaps it was two threads discussing it that pushed it into oblivion.

Well, I tried.

I had NO IDEA talking Zits was offensive!

-EarlJam
    You better watch out or this post (and mine since I quoted you) will be removed.

First Celebrity Crush

Okay DukeMom in LA, I'm trying again:

All: Who was your first celebrity crush?

Mine, EarlJam's, was Julie from The Love Boat. I think she ended up being a big heroin addict. But still, I dugged her.

-EarlJam

Challenge accepted. Hold please.

-EarlJam
    LA = West coast. 3:15 a.m. = she posted at 12:15 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    LA = West coast. 3:15 a.m. = she posted at 12:15 a.m.
    Ack! Thanks. I is smarter than thate and shuld've know.

-EarlJammer

Wink I tried...

to get people voting on the duke names thing for my soon to be born daughter, but I was lucky to get 15 people to vote, so I've given up. If people would bother to vote, I'd try again.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    to get people voting on the duke names thing for my soon to be born daughter, but I was lucky to get 15 people to vote, so I've given up. If people would bother to vote, I'd try again.
    What name did you decide on?

Shoulda picked Grant Grant...kinda redundant I know and you will say it isn't a girl's name, but hey good taste trumps gender.

Smile still haven't...

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    What name did you decide on?
    Since the wife let me name the two boys after Duke people, I thought it'd be only fair to let her name the girl. She had it narrowed down to a couple names, but it has since grown back to 10 or so. She'll probably decide when she sees her.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Since the wife let me name the two boys after Duke people, I thought it'd be only fair to let her name the girl. She had it narrowed down to a couple names, but it has since grown back to 10 or so. She'll probably decide when she sees her.
    Whatever you name her I'm sure will be beautiful. But nickname her Stretch, so her body will grow tall by means of constant suggestive prodding. We'll look for her in about 18 years to be the star freshmen on the championship women's team!

that's hysterical...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Whatever you name her I'm sure will be beautiful. But nickname her Stretch, so her body will grow tall by means of constant suggestive prodding. We'll look for her in about 18 years to be the star freshmen on the championship women's team!
    by extension, my wife calls our second son Bubba. His real name is Michael. But he's already showing signs of being a stocky, tough little football player like his daddy. He also goes through a gallon of milk every other day, and is wearing 4T clothing as a two year old. Maybe if Duke has a decent team in 15 years, we'll see him on the grid iron.

baby name

As I replied to an earlier post. CAMERON!! Works for a boy or a girl. Or pernaps for a girl Eden (after the dorm), or for a boy Elton, Jason, Christian, Grant, etc. -- pick your favorite.

Yes, it's a fine name, I agree. But the wife will NEVER agree to name our daughter the same as our second son's middle name. Not going to happen.