Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Switched in N WV and Pittsburgh. So I watched Tiger play golf instead.
    ~rthomas

Baltimore - switch

Couldn't see the second half.

Here in DC we got switched when everyone else did. It was an absurd decision since DC is both an ACC market (UMD) and a Big East market (St. John's).

I realize that Kansas and OSU was a "better" contest, but frankly, I flipped to one of the "bracket busters" games on ESPN and ESPN2. At least I don't get to watch those teams on a regular basis on Fox or ESPN - like I do both OSU and Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    How does NY get the entire second half but we in ACC country get switched. Wake up, CBS!
    Possibly because SJU is a NYC team?

Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    Here in DC we got switched when everyone else did.
    Yup, out west of DC, too.

In CT, we got switched early in the 2nd half. also, they left a close game (I forget which) to show the start of the duke game. For both, I was quite surprised there was not at the least a score given in a corner of the screen, or any brief updates at commercial breaks.

Screwed by CBS

In the Nashville, TN area, the network blew off Duke and put on some lame Big 12 game. Even if it was a close game, it was an unjustified insult.

Got switched in Macon, GA. Was not happy!

My DVR ran out of space (my fault for not having cleared the other recorded programs) halfway through, so I was only able to watch the entire 1st half (started on time) in NY. Don't know about the 2nd half, but according to the poster above from NY, he was able to watch the entire 2nd half. Suffice it to say, NY was able to get the entire game.

got switched

in Beaufort, NC. Strange considering wilmington wasn't!

Delaware out

Delaware went the way of the world, losing the Duke game in the second half, as did others. Nothing was ever said about the switch later, nor were any updates on the St John's vs Duke game ever shown. This was very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by FishStick View Post
    in Beaufort, NC. Strange considering wilmington wasn't!
    Same for Emerald Isle, but at least we got to see most of the first half and the end of the game.

Same for all of Central Florida. Also could not find any number or e-mail address to complain to CBS Sports. CBS always pulls this during March Madness, but starting in February is a little much.

However, don't guess I will have to worry about it this year as the local CBS station in Central Florida has just last week informed the local cable carrier that unless the cable company starts paying them a fee, they will "pull the plug" on March 17th. Am almost certain nothing will be resolved. We cannot receive Fox Sports for the same reasons, so do not get to see any ACC Sunday night games nor for that matter, over half of the Orlando Magic games.

I would switch to DISH, but live in a condo complex that frowns on having dishes attached to buildings.

We got switched in Athens Ga. Told us that they would keep us posted on the Duke game and never showed it again.

Quote Originally Posted by chattpanther View Post
    We got switched in Athens Ga. Told us that they would keep us posted on the Duke game and never showed it again.
    Well this has become a fun thread for finding out where everyone lives! Chattpanther - you're in Athens? Affiliated with the university?

Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post

I would switch to DISH, but live in a condo complex that frowns on having dishes attached to buildings.
    The condo cannot legally prevent you from having a dish attached to your property (balcony, etc.). However, having a sat feed probably would not have helped you unless you have the national feed.

The switch was made here in Toledo, Ohio, at around the 14 minute mark of the second half. I called the CBS Broadcasting Group number in Manhattan over 20 times to help curb my hysteria (we're talking about a person who, when he was younger, would cry when Duke games were not shown/cut into by preceding contests), but had no luck. Kept getting Sorry, all circuits are currently busy... the state of Kentucky, I am assuming

After recalling what happened to 'Cats fans earlier that day, I felt much better about the situation. I would have crushed my TV box with a ball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    The condo cannot legally prevent you from having a dish attached to your property (balcony, etc.). However, having a sat feed probably would not have helped you unless you have the national feed.
    You might well be wrong on that issue. It is my understanding that the Federal rule applies to rental units but not to condo restrictions on attaching to the exterior of buildings.

Lost the game on the HD channel, but it remained on the local CBS affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    And this certainly does not bode well for the upcoming NCAA coverage, although I suppose I won't mind getting switched away all that much if that means commanding leads.
    But at least you can watch the game on the computer.