View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match against St. John's?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jordan Davidson

0 0%
  • Gerald Henderson

6 4.29%
  • Taylor King

0 0%
  • Dave McClure

0 0%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

0 0%
  • Greg Paulus

0 0%
  • Jon Scheyer

25 17.86%
  • Kyle Singler

12 8.57%
  • Nolan Smith

11 7.86%
  • Lance Thomas

0 0%
  • Brian Zoubek

86 61.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. St. John's

Who was the Man of the Match against St. John's?

Jon is critical to the team's mental stability. What a treasure he is; I'm ashamed of myself for wondering if he was shaky at the beginning of the season.

Double double for Big Z! How can you not vote for him?

I figure Zoubek will win this, but I voted for Scheyer. His defense set the tone early in the game, and even though he didn't touch the ball much in the second half, he gave the team the push it needed when the game was still close.

Jon.

Z

While he clearly was not the best player on the floor- I will remember this game only for the fact that Zoubek played well and this game could give him confidence going forward.

Nolan. He came in earlier than planned, got extended minutes and played extremely well.

CBS picked Singler and I agree. I thought Scheyer and Zoubek were outstanding and deserved consideration but the after the buzzer one handed putback and Singler's reaction were priceless.

He showed in this game one of the reasons why he's so good, moving without the basketball and uncanny court awareness. The fast break down the lane finish off a feed from GP to start the second half ... the drive in the first half, stop so the defender could blow by and lay in ... Watch in future games how he drives to the basket, particularly from the strong/right handed side and how he uses his body and hands to deceive the defender that he is going to use one shot angle, and then shft and use another angle to avoid the block shot. You can't teach that.

It is such a pleasure to watch him play the game.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Singler is my choice, but I can't argue much against Smith, Scheyer, or Zoubek.

motm

ZZZZ!!!!

Hopefuly a huge confidence builder for him coming back from his re-injury

Lots of contributors today...

...but Z's double double gets my vote...best game of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    ...but Z's double double gets my vote...best game of his career.
    ZOU !, but glad to see Hendo get more aggressive offensively...a good game for Duke... now let's get it going again !

I'm going with Nolan not because I'm his best fan but because I felt that when we needed some spark, he came in and delivered. GREAT to see the guys get the points flowing again.

dth.

Zoooouuuuuu!!!!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Zou vote from me. He took advantage of getting a bunch of minutes and made it worthwhile being on the floor. I doubt he will ever be the best on the floor, but he sure can be a big help. Nice double-double action!

The Big Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

A double-double from Brian Z, and he is my MOTM... did you see him run the floor today? Wow! Is this really the same guy who never touched the ball last year without traveling?

I love Jon; I love Kyle; I love Nolan. But tonight was Zoubek's game.

ZOUBEK!!!!!!!!!
    DukeDevilDeb

I agree on Zoubek. He looked like a completely different person than the one I have seen in every other game he's played in.

(Of course, as a Gtown fan, I must remember that St. John's did the same thing for Hoya backup center Vernon Macklin earlier in the year, and since then Vern has been his more familiar self.)

I voted for Zoubek, largely because in a blowout like this no one really carried the team (many people had strong games, and the game was largely not in doubt).

However, I could completely understand arguments for Smith (ran the team brilliantly in place of Paulus who had a rough game), Singler (leading scorer and a solid line overall), or Scheyer (led the team in scoring in the first half and led in steals).

Ultimately, I'd rank them in that order (Zoubek, Smith, Singler, Scheyer). If I had to rank in order of importance to the victory, I'd go Smith, Scheyer, Singler. But since it was such I rout, I went with Zoubs.

First I thought Singler or Scheyer, then Zoubek. But the man who turned the game around was Nolan Smith. With Paulus playing with his head stuck up his butt again, and picking up 3 quick fouls, Nolan righted the ship both with his PG directing and to a lessor extent his scoring. Nolan got my vote, but Zoubek clearly is the winner in the poll.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Gotta go with Zoubek.

Though I left Miami's arena disappointed on Wednesday night, the lone bright spot was the progress I saw in Brian. Today, he played very well. Though I realize he's not our best player off the bench, I personally didn't think Krzyzewski was giving Brian enough minutes. I didn't predict this big a game but I knew if Brian got extended minutes he'd be able to do some things.

I really hope this gives him confidence going forward. I know I sound like a broken record, but this team will need Brian in March if they are to win it all. No way around it.