In-state 1 vs 2 matchups

What other schools have done it?

I think it's three times for Duke/UNC and twice for Ohio State/Cincy. I don't know if there's anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I think it's three times for Duke/UNC and twice for Ohio State/Cincy. I don't know if there's anyone else.
    Wander's exactly right, it's only been done 5 times before tonight and those are the 5 instances.

Only two times

DUKE and unc only played twice as 1 and 2 94 and 98. 1 vs 2 have played only 37 times with DUKE playing in 6 of them (winning 3).

Judging from the first 5 minutes of this game I would hate for us to meet either team in the tourney

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Judging from the first 5 minutes of this game I would hate for us to meet either team in the tourney
    I know a lot of people have said it, but now watching them play Tennessee does play very similar to us, maybe a little more athletic.

Memphis could run us into the ground if we played poorly. I think they could outrun UNC with ease as well.

The knock against Memphis has been that they haven't played anybody. But now they have, and they are scary good.

Memphis would be a very scary matchup for us. Obviously the Tigers won't shoot this hot every single game, but they look very impressive right now.

March is going to be an anxiety driven ride for us, I have a feeling. I just want to get past the regional semis. I would be overjoyed with that outcome, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    The knock against Memphis has been that they haven't played anybody. But now they have, and they are scary good.
    They had a solid "preseason" schedule playing Georgetown, Gonzaga, Uconn. Its just that CUSA is a joke compared to the other majors. Its not Memphis' fault that teams like Cincy and Marquette bolted for the big east.

Memphis

The highest rated teams they played on the road:

#50 Houston
    #67 UAB
    #76 Cincy
    #116 Middle Tenn.

Tennessee is starting to come on in the 2nd half.