Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LOST 2/21 Spoilers

Looks like food is an issue, Locke told Ben " These are the last two eggs".

Locke has turned into the new Ben. ugh.

Jack is willing to purger himself to save the woman her doesn't love

Kate's "him" is her son. And it's Aaron!

Another thought...

is this the first verification of time we have had off the island. How old was the baby? How far time wise does that mean the bearded Jack is in the flash forwards? I guess we still won't know because we do not know if they left the island a week after we see them on it, or 1+ years later.

We got an answer to a puzzle from an flash-forward a couple of weeks ago. When Jack tried to convince Kate to go back to the island with him, she said no, as I recall, and added, "...he's waiting for me." Some were assuming that the "he" was sawyer, but now we know it wasn't. This was the first disclosure of her son. Also, we have a possible answer to why she said no to Jack's plea. She had committed to stay in the jurisdiction during her probation. This whole show was mostly unexpected to me, but I enjoyed it. It added some new questions, too. Like the 3.2 million. Why was Miles so specific? Why was Locke so agitated by that specific amount?

Quote Originally Posted by 365Duke View Post
    Jack is willing to purger himself to save the woman her doesn't love
    Didn't you watch the second-to-last scene with Jack and Kate?

Is Aaron considered one of the Oceanic 6? In last week's previews it said another one would be revealed, right? Who else could it have been?

Oh, and please don't scooby-doo me, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    Is Aaron considered one of the Oceanic 6? In last week's previews it said another one would be revealed, right? Who else could it have been?

Oh, and please don't scooby-doo me, ok?
    Scooby-doo you? Huh?

I do not think Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6 as he was not on the plane when it crashed, he was born after the crash. I think, if you listen carefully, last week's promos said "more will be revealed about one of the Oceanic 6" not "another of the Oceanic 6 will be revealed." We really had not had a Kate flashforward yet. This was her post-rescue story.

More later...

--Jason "I actually have not seen the episode yet, but knew from a friend about what would happen in it" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by 365Duke View Post
    Kate's "him" is her son. And it's Aaron!
    So what happened to Claire? I doubt she willingly gave up Aaron. Did she die or did Kate steal Aaron? If Claire was healthy and wanted to stay on the Island, I doubt she would willingly give him up just so he could live a "normal" life.

I guess he could be considered one of the Oceanic 6, although he wasn't on the original manifest, now was he!

Ben must know why $3.2 million is the exact number. Some day, we will too.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Didn't you watch the second-to-last scene with Jack and Kate?
    I'm sorry, I thought my <<<<<<<<<<<<ROLLEYES

was an indication I was being facetious about the love thing

Ozzie sez
    So what happened to Claire? I doubt she willingly gave up Aaron. Did she die or did Kate steal Aaron? If Claire was healthy and wanted to stay on the Island, I doubt she would willingly give him up just so he could live a "normal" life.

There's too many possibilities there. She could send A on ahead to get him off the island first. She may even hear from Ben that the father wants him. Who knows, one of those wait and sees.

I guess he could be considered one of the Oceanic 6, although he wasn't on the original manifest, now was he!

Good point, but I could see how A could be counted. The media swirl who not care about the manifest, just how many came back. But I do not think they counted him.

Ben must know why $3.2 million is the exact number. Some day, we will too.

Hmm. Miles would tell us, but he has something stuck in his throat

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Scooby-doo you? Huh?
    You'll get it when you see the episode.

The other thing that A's attribution to Kate gives us is a bit of a clue as to how much longer they will be on the island. The federal records regarding Kate's extradition would likely note that, at a minimum, she was not "showing" a pregnancy at the time of her capture and transport. So, figure that she could be at least 3 months pregnant without showing. So, if she is rescued with Aaron being thought as her kid, that would necessitate at least 6 months on the island for him to be born... I think we're at about 3 months now. Then, you need a little more time to make it believable that the size of the kid is ambiguous enough to not be able to say that the size of the kid doesn't jive with the stated timeline... To me, that means that they would have to be on the island another 5 months or so.

However, we know that something is wonky with time... so maybe that would take care of this problem...

Furthermore, Kate's statement to Jack that she understands that he doesn't want to see Aaron implied that there was nefariousness involved in separating him from Claire... So, its likely not as simple as Claire dying. Well, I guess it could also be due to Aaron being his nephew from his father's affair, if that bothers Jack.

Spoiler-ish

Well, this heavily suggests that the character who is supposed to die this season is Claire - but on the other hand, this is now so obvious that if that's what really happens, I'll be disappointed.

I thought this was a blah episode on the whole and I really don't like how our heroes are morphing into the Others. The only intriguing thing (well, o.k., besides that Daniel apparently has weird memory loss) to me was how obviously taken with Kate Jack is after the trial. You certainly get the vibe that if it weren't for whatever complications arose with Aaron and Claire, that they would be together - yet in their first flash-forward, Jack has to practically beg her to meet him as she has apparently kicked him out of her life. Is it just because of his drug addiction? That seems like too one-dimensional of an answer for Lost.

Also, I thought it was kind of creepy that Jack keeps popping up to check in with his fellow O6 buddies.

I just thought of something else.

Is Jack resisting seeing Aaron because of how Kate got her, OR does this all tie back to the kid himself.

Remember when the fortune teller flipped out when reading Clair's palm. He insisted that something was screwy, and she needed to get out now! Is the "something wrong" that the baby would be plane wrecked, or is their something "special" about the kid. As in powers

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I do not think Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6 as he was not on the plane when it crashed, he was born after the crash. I think, if you listen carefully, last week's promos said "more will be revealed about one of the Oceanic 6" not "another of the Oceanic 6 will be revealed." We really had not had a Kate flashforward yet. This was her post-rescue story.
    Well, Jason, revealing your views about the when life begins (and the right to life, perhaps)-- I'd have understood if you said that Aaron wasn't listed as a passenger on Flight 815-- but to say that he was not on the plane when it crashed?! From the size of Claire at the time of the crash, this child was well into the 3rd trimester by the time Claire boarded that plane, and was likely viable outside the womb from the moment she boarded-- Aaron was most certainly ON that plane.

I still think that Michael or Walt could be the other of the Oceanic 6 who has returned-- don't know which, if it is now not both of them-- but my bet would be on Michael, not Walt (just a feeling that Walt has some special tie to the island, and stays there for some reason, given his ghost-like appearances around the island.)

By the way, did everybody else see that Kate's child would be Aaron coming a mile away-- I knew as soon as Kate's mom said she wanted to see the kid (after all those scenes with Kate and Claire and Aaron) that the kid would be Aaron, not Kate's own.

did i not see in a ealier episode that jack and claire were half bother ans sister which would make jack a uncle. no

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonelson View Post
    did i not see in a ealier episode that jack and claire were half bother ans sister which would make jack a uncle. no
    Yup-- but I don't think Jack or Claire know this.

-JE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    Well, Jason, revealing your views about the when life begins (and the right to life, perhaps)-- I'd have understood if you said that Aaron wasn't listed as a passenger on Flight 815-- but to say that he was not on the plane when it crashed?! From the size of Claire at the time of the crash, this child was well into the 3rd trimester by the time Claire boarded that plane, and was likely viable outside the womb from the moment she boarded-- Aaron was most certainly ON that plane.
    Aaron didn't need his own seat or ticket, so he wasn't listed on the plane's manifest, regardless of what you or Jason or I believe. Let's not make this thread go to the PPB.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

So, if Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6 then we know all of them except one.

1- Jack
    2- Kate
    3- Hurley
    4- Sayid
    5- Aaron
    6- ???

I really thought 5 and 6 would be Sun and Jin, which is (in theory) the only way she can live. I suppose #6 could still be her if Jin lets her go ahead of him and something prevents him from following.

Ahh well, we'll know in a few weeks, I think.

--Jason "I read in EW that the producers say they will reveal who is in the coffin by the end of this season... dollars to doughnuts it is Ben" Evans

Yup-- but I don't think Jack or Claire know this.

-JE
    Whoa, what?!? I do NOT remember this - obviously Jack's dad was all over the place... anybody remember what exactly happened?

Did anyone else catch this

During Jack's testimony - he said there were 8 survivors. Assuming 2 died - or maybe Sayid or someone pretended they were dead (this would make it easier for Sayid to make assassinations, unless he mentioned he was well known in his episode this season)

maybe claire died and then found out he was Claires half brother - and thats why he can't stand to see the baby. I suppose all these mysteries will be revealed over the next 2 and 1/2 seasons