Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I agree, but there always seems to be some desperate AD who will hire just about anybody (except maybe the Herricks).

sampson

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Sampson did the exact same thing at two different schools and THEN lied about it. Lied! Who would touch him at this point?
    now who was it that hired neuheisel...

don't think they need a BB coach now, however...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    They tried, got a busy signal.

SEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAA!!!
    ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! potd!

sampson

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Yes, 577 times.
    even better than the busy signal reply...

Well, that's no surprise. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think he is just too tainted. Sorta like Jim Harrick after UGA.

Then again, Tark got another shot at Fresno St., so who knows.

--Jason "so, will it be Skiles as the new head coach?" Evans
    Robert Montgomery Knight

This a move that had to be made. Sampson does not get it. My true opinion is that does not care about the rules. He is a disgrace

some folks don't get it

Wally Hall (AR Democrat-Gazette sports editor/host of "Sports Wrap, a local sports radio show) doesn't understand why Kelvin Sampson was fired: "It wasn't like he was paying his players or anything; he was only making phone calls." Which he lied about. Wally Hall can be a complete bozo sometimes.

Kelvin Sampson is not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Dude, you got caught for the same thing at Oklahoma. You gotta know the NCAA is going to have you under a microscope. If in doubt, see Tarkanian, Jerry. Or Harrick, Jim. Buh-bye.

Am I the only one that thinks of Half Baked every time they hear his name?

...I probably am.

Quote Originally Posted by dukegirlinsc View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks of Half Baked every time they hear his name?

...I probably am.
    No, I'm sad to say you aren't.

Sampson Simpson!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    No, I'm sad to say you aren't.

Sampson Simpson!
    You have smoked yourself retarded.

The Plot Thickens

CBS's Gary Parish is reporting that the current team has threatened to boycott if Sampson doesn't coach the rest of the season.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/colleg...story/10659277

CBS's Gary Parish is reporting that the current team has threatened to boycott if Sampson doesn't coach the rest of the season.

Please do!

Isn't that a shame?

I find this whole situation to be absolutely ridiculous. Sampson broke the rules and should suffer the consequences of his actions. Also, I think the players should understand the consequences of Sampson's actions and see that he has a problem with following the rules. I'm not some old guy who's looking down on young people making questionable decisions. I'm the same age as these IU players and think that they should have more of a comprehension of this problem. Their coach is dishonest and manipulative with the system, and I think they are endorsing it by demanding that he remain their coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    I find this whole situation to be absolutely ridiculous. Sampson broke the rules and should suffer the consequences of his actions. Also, I think the players should understand the consequences of Sampson's actions and see that he has a problem with following the rules. I'm not some old guy who's looking down on young people making questionable decisions. I'm the same age as these IU players and think that they should have more of a comprehension of this problem. Their coach is dishonest and manipulative with the system, and I think they are endorsing it by demanding that he remain their coach.
    My money says it was Mr. One and Done, Eric Gordon, who said they won't play without Sampson.

Of course he'd say that. This is his only season with the team.

The IU administration may view the situation differently, but from my perspective the players' threat to boycott actually forecloses any option to let Sampson stay on as interim coach. If the administration doesn't dismiss Sampson now, it will convey the impression that IU caved in to the players' ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Sampson did the exact same thing at two different schools and THEN lied about it. Lied! Who would touch him at this point?
    This didn't stop Rick Neuheisel from getting a job and being a popular candidate for other jobs (ahem).

Sampson will need to go a few years and do his penance as either a broadcaster or a professional assistant and then he'll resurface somewhere.

In the meantime, if the guy had any kind of style at all he would work out some sort of endorsement deal with Verizon or Alltel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    The IU administration may view the situation differently, but from my perspective the players' threat to boycott actually forecloses any option to let Sampson stay on as interim coach. If the administration doesn't dismiss Sampson now, it will convey the impression that IU caved in to the players' ultimatum.
    Amen. But will the admin ask the players for input as to the next coach? Their threat does not speak well of the players' feelings for Dakich.

to add insult to injury - wasnt Sampson the head of the coaches compliance committee or something like that while he was at OU?