NCSU v UNC- Game Thread

Last time was a little ugly (6 fg in the first half for the wolfpack) ... should be interesting to see how State responds. Plus, Sidney broke out the red coat...

Maybe I'm slow to the party on thinking about this 'Roy and his comments' thing that's been going around lately, but watching Quentin Thomas run up and down the court as he's been doing tonight, and putting that together with the reports from yesterday outta the Hole camp that Thomas actually had the flu, I'm starting to wonder if Deputy Dawg Dadgummit is making some stuff up in the papers to throw off the competition. I am just wondering; I am not accusing or jumping to a contusion (haha).

Your impressions of Deputy and his truthfulness in these days of extreme injury and Hole illness? I know Lawson is really hurt, but all the others...?

dth.

uh oh

Hansbrough just traveled.

Quote Originally Posted by duke92 View Post
    Absolutely dying laughing, dadgumit to h e double hockey sticks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukestheheat View Post
    Maybe I'm slow to the party on thinking about this 'Roy and his comments' thing that's been going around lately, but watching Quentin Thomas run up and down the court as he's been doing tonight, and putting that together with the reports from yesterday outta the Hole camp that Thomas actually had the flu, I'm starting to wonder if Deputy Dawg Dadgummit is making some stuff up in the papers to throw off the competition. I am just wondering; I am not accusing or jumping to a contusion (haha).

Your impressions of Deputy and his truthfulness in these days of extreme injury and Hole illness? I know Lawson is really hurt, but all the others...?

dth.
    Back in the day it was UNC SOP to treat even minor injuries as career threatening disasters. Roy was the student, and Dean was the master.

It's the Carolina Way

A little NC State composure could go a long way in this second half... and maybe a few more shots for Gavin Grant too

I feel like NC State tried to lose. JJ Hickson was a ghost, NC State didn't feel like playing transition D, and they lacked the composure to hold on to their early momentum.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Icarus09 View Post
    I feel like NC State tried to lose. JJ Hickson was a ghost, NC State didn't feel like playing transition D, and they lacked the composure to hold on to their early momentum.
    It was a great first 15 minutes capped by the awesome alley-oop. After that, the game was trash.

Quote Originally Posted by duke92 View Post
    I think that is actually the third game in a row that he has been whistled for traveling. The world must be coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    I think that is actually the third game in a row that he has been whistled for traveling. The world must be coming to an end.
    Or maybe Hanstravel is seeing how far he can push it. "I wonder if they will call it if I take 9 steps before dribbling? Oops, well surely they won't call 8..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dukiedevil View Post
    Or maybe Hanstravel is seeing how far he can push it. "I wonder if they will call it if I take 9 steps before dribbling? Oops, well surely they won't call 8..."
    They don't notice all the travels because they're too busy ignoring his offensive fouls.

Did it strike anyone else as being odd, that in a game that was clearly over (NCSU had quit), and with all the injury problems, near death experiences, and general maladies unc has, Roy still had his starters on the floor and pushing the tempo? Wouldn't you think you might want to rest the poor battered souls when you had the chance.

It was only a fourteen point win. In this day and age coaches take no chances. Just look at our game against Miami.

I did notice, however, that Williams had five subs sitting by the scorers table to check in but there was never a dead ball in the short time they were there. I think, despite being part of a coaching tree that hoards timeouts to the point of being ridiculous, he could have spared one there to get them in the game.

Understand the risk envolved with subing, but this game was clearly in the bag and with all the supposed injuries, you would think that he would not want to risk another one during the last two minutes of a certain win. Plus this is pretty common with unc in games with big leads. I chose to think the worst and believe that Roy likes to run the score up to stroke his ego, but hey that's just me! Maybe he truely thought that State would mount a comeback.