Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cis

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtDevil View Post
    Thanks very much for all the suggestions, from parking, getting to Cameron early, trash bags, shopping and of course BBQ.

I've got tickets on the floor under the hoop, so I can't ask for a better experience, so long as we win.
    what kind of beer will you be bringing to NC with you to enjoy before the game or did you need a suggestion or two regarding what might be tasty to take back to the Rockies with you?

Not gonna lie, I saw this thread and immediately thought someone was posting under my name.

As for suggestions, see if you can convince someone going into the media room at halftime to snatch you a few cookies. Halftime cookies were always a highlight during games!

I second the suggestion of Bullock's - Great Spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I graduated a few years ago, so I don't know any of the pregame stuff to do. But as far as BBQ, you might want to try Bullock's BBQ which isn't too far from Cameron. About a 5 minute drive from campus, if I'm not mistaken.

And I don't know how much Duke gear you have but a lot of fans tend to migrate towards the bookstore in the Bryan Center to get stuff either before or after the game. I know I made a pit stop after the BC game to pick up a few things
    It's definitely a local favorite and I've seen players (current and ex) there every once in a while...

Fat Tire

I'll bring some Fat Tire, Laughing Lab and maybe even some 1554 Brew from New Belgium. Colorado may lack for hoops, but we make up for it in Hops.

Sorry Rockymntn_devil, not sure when you signed on with your name, but I've had this sig for 7 years now, hope there's not too much confusion.

You should definitely get to campus early (maybe 2 hours). For the 1st hour, walk around campus, k-ville, etc. Then, head inside and check out the warm-ups. The crazies will already be filling up the student section, and you'll hear some funny cheers and see the players interacting with the students.

For BBQ, I like the Q-Shack. Best mac n cheese ever.

Definitely go to Bullock's. It's by far the best BBQ I have ever had.

Get to the game at least an hour before the game if you want to watch the players warm up, listen to the band, and see the Crazies get in - I expect a lot of us are gonna be going all out for the game this Saturday. Definitely go walk around K-ville, that's a highlight, and just be sure to wear something that is Duke blue. And don't wear green - that's a color people don't like to see after that NC State game