Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

ESPN's Greatest Highlights

First off, and this is kind of on topic, I'm miffed that they put 'The Shot' up against 'Band on the Field' in the first round. It's ESPN, they don't want 'The Shot' to win.

But, on to the off topic nature of this post. Please, if you can find it in your heart to do so, go vote against the '86 World Series Bill Buckner play, please. It's not a great highlight, it's a great lowlight (so is the band on the field but the humor value does kind of save it). I've always said, I prefer the moments that show people coming through in the clutch. As painful as it is for Kentucky fans, they didn't blow it, we had the ball last. Michael Jordan's heroics, Boise State's Statue of Liberty, yes, I can appreciate them as great highlights but a play that involves and error? NO!

I just checked and it's up against 'The Immaculate Reception'. I can vote for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    First off, and this is kind of on topic, I'm miffed that they put 'The Shot' up against 'Band on the Field' in the first round. It's ESPN, they don't want 'The Shot' to win.

But, on to the off topic nature of this post. Please, if you can find it in your heart to do so, go vote against the '86 World Series Bill Buckner play, please. It's not a great highlight, it's a great lowlight (so is the band on the field but the humor value does kind of save it). I've always said, I prefer the moments that show people coming through in the clutch. As painful as it is for Kentucky fans, they didn't blow it, we had the ball last. Michael Jordan's heroics, Boise State's Statue of Liberty, yes, I can appreciate them as great highlights but a play that involves and error? NO!
    Well, if you define a highlight as an oft-cited and oft-viewed event that had a lasting impact on a game, team, city, etc, it's hard to vote against Buckner.