Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrady View Post
    What does this mean exactly? I have Time Warner Digital Cable with the HD package... will I be able to get all the games at my home? Unfortunately, I live in Ohio, which means the OSU pounding will be on instead of the Duke game.
    I think that it is only here on Tobacco Road that they put the multi-cast up for free.

I think it is compensation for having to live around so many tar Heel fans

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    As I read the article, they are basically saying that the feeds where Duke and UNC are playing will be in HD, but we can't guarantee that BS won't switch over to another game that has more 'interest'.

It is incredibly frustrating when all four national feeds are showing the same exact game because some producer at CBS thinks it is good, and there is no chance to watch any other game. I first noticed this at a sports bar one year.

Exiled
    Oooh...just noticed I moved up to 'active member'. A sign of lowered productivity if there ever was one.

is MMOD actually working for anybody? I can watch for about 1 minute, then the video feed dies, its total crap, its not even worth watching its so unreliable

at least I've got a slingbox

as for CBS suckitude, thank goodness they went to show us a couple minutes of dead time in a 20 point blowout game of Lousiville and Stanford!
    Last edited by dukeENG2003; 03-15-2007 at 02:40 PM.

this switching around to show the final seconds of 20 point games is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeENG2003 View Post
    is MMOD actually working for anybody? I can watch for about 1 minute, then the video feed dies, its total crap, its not even worth watching its so unreliable

as for CBS suckitude, thank goodness they went to show us a couple minutes of dead time in a 20 point blowout game of Lousiville and Stanford!
    Worked really well for me. I watched most of the BC game with very little interruption. The picture quality could be better, but it wasn't bad at all. I'm on a wicked fast internet connection. Don't know how much difference that makes. Looked like the mmod feed was delayed 20 seconds from tv time.

I'm on a really fast connection here too, but it still drops out on me constantly. . .

What I want to know is why the Georgetown game appears to be on according to the scoreboard, but not according to MMOD?

MMOD works great for me here in my office. My only problem is I keep getting bumped for the 30 minutes of inactivity, but that's fine I get back in no problem.

As for waiting forever to get in, I received an email last week and signed up as a VIP member, didn't have to pay anything, it looks like it lets you in much faster, not sure though.

Have you guys checked out the Boss Button on MMOD? Hilarious.

Thumbs down Cbs

commercials be sacred-------they can't lose this contract soon enough!!!!!!!!

ODU 20, butler 19 at halftime. thanks cbs for showing such a compelling game.

on the flip side, MMOD is working spectacularly on my pc right now.

final note: will there be any upsets this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Have you guys checked out the Boss Button on MMOD? Hilarious.
    When I first saw it I was confused about what it actually was then when I realized and started reading it I thought it was great. I especially love the Pepto comment.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeENG2003 View Post

sounds like something that was happening with mine (are you using firefox?). try right-clicking on the video feed, go to options, then at the bottom turn the "video acceleration" to about half. i also turned off my pop up blocker, not sure if that changed anything.

HD feeds anywhere?

So far in DC, I've seen parts of G-town, Butler, Texas AM, and GW and nothing has been in HD. Is this possibly right? Comcast is a little dodgy here, so I wouldn't be shocked if it's on them (hopefully not my TV!), but it seems pretty weak if that's the case. Are others getting HD for these games?

everything has been in hd down here in s.c. call your local channel and complain. they probably didn't switch the feed over.

Here in Atlanta, not a minute has been in HD. When showing, 809, 811-812 have been 704x480, while channel 9 is 525x480.

pause this thread for a TV timeout

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Len Elmoron seemed to spend more time talking about Duke losing than about the Indy/Gonzo game right in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrady View Post
    for anyone on MMOD, how the hell do you select a game to watch????
    Although the tourney certainly seems over, I guess it isn't. I had this problem on my laptop running xp; the orange buttons which say "Watch this game" (or something to that effect) simply don't appear where they should, which is right under the game in the scrolldown list on the right. Drove me nuts for a little while. CBS links to a patch for this, but it didn't work for half the day so I just watched on my desktop with Win2K.

What kills me is the little popup that wants to ensure you're watching before kicking you off to reclaim the bandwidth you're using. Always comes up during commercial when I'm not paying attention anyway... Were lines really 2hours long??? Do the early VIP notice thing with the button in the upper left for next year, takes about 30 sec every time (and I thought it was just a gimmick...)

I read an article, just a few weeks or a month ago maybe, that said in very clear terms that CBS was going to broadcast some first round games on CSTV. What happened? I see no indication they are doing so now. How long until ABC/ESPN/2/U/News can buy this back???

30@30 blows!!! any chance the stanford pick has ended kellog's career?

I only have 2 gripes really, their greed driven mentality and how many of their announcers could barely control their giddiness at how mediocre a team Coach K and the boys produced this year.