Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Nah, they were solid college players, especially Forte-ounce.
    I'm not saying they sucked....but solid shouldn't get you in the rafters. Maybe the Greg Newton comparison was unfair...maybe I should have said Cherokee Parks. I said Newton to be provocative. But seriously, they've got like 50 jerseys hanging up there. Arguably one of the best bball programs out there, but c'mon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    I'm not saying they sucked....but solid shouldn't get you in the rafters. Maybe the Greg Newton comparison was unfair...maybe I should have said Cherokee Parks. I said Newton to be provocative. But seriously, they've got like 50 jerseys hanging up there. Arguably one of the best bball programs out there, but c'mon!!
    I got a letter saying they were hanging my jersey at the next home game, since I won a couple pickup basketball games outside of Cobb Hall once.

I got a letter saying they were hanging my jersey at the next home game, since I won a couple pickup basketball games outside of Cobb Hall once.
    FUNNY!!!!!

I will say that the single best player from UNC I have seen play is Antawn Jamison....1998 ACC Final in G'boro...at the game. Brand's freshman year. Watching that performance I was thinking I was witnessing the second coming of Michael Jordan. That guy was awesome!! Brand just couldn't control both Vince and Jamison at the same time. Epic battle that the score did not reflect.

FUNNY!!!!!

I will say that the single best player from UNC I have seen play is Antawn Jamison....1998 ACC Final in G'boro...at the game. Brand's freshman year. Watching that performance I was thinking I was witnessing the second coming of Michael Jordan. That guy was awesome!! Brand just couldn't control both Vince and Jamison at the same time. Epic battle that the score did not reflect.
    Honestly, Jamison was the only Carolina player I liked. He was a nice guy and an awesome player.

Honestly, Jamison was the only Carolina player I liked. He was a nice guy and an awesome player.
    Yes, he seemed like a good guy...there's been a few over the years I enjoyed/liked, and he was one of them. I will say that Roy seems to be going after the same type of player that fits the Duke Ilk. So, in that light, I would say Hansblahblah would look good in a Duke jersey, and so would Ellington.

Other than that, thinking back over the years, maybe Montross was another guy I had respect for...I can probably think of a few others, but Jamison was definitely way above the rest.

Yes, he seemed like a good guy...there's been a few over the years I enjoyed/liked, and he was one of them. I will say that Roy seems to be going after the same type of player that fits the Duke Ilk. So, in that light, I would say Hansblahblah would look good in a Duke jersey, and so would Ellington.

Other than that, thinking back over the years, maybe Montross was another guy I had respect for...I can probably think of a few others, but Jamison was definitely way above the rest.
    UNC also already got the twins from California recruited...can't remember their names though.

Sucks that it's now a competition between the 2 schools. I kind of liked UNC getting all the dumb thugs.