Very excited to post for the first time....I've been reading the posts at work (major, major distraction), trying to learn the rules, and I think I have a good feel for it so far.

I am a huge Duke fan...did not attend the University, but grew up watching (cried in '86 thinking they'd never be that good again...I was young and irrational), and without going into great detail, my family name is inconspicuously placed on CIS' wall. During certain years of my personal development, Duke Hoops was one of the consistent things my father and I could discuss. (I'm also married to a UNC-CH grad...she always asks why I'm cheering against Carolina, and I have to respond, "I'm cheering for a good game.")

Anyway, having read other out of control and ugly boards, I was very happy to stumble across this forum. Reading Watzone, Sumner, Klemnop (sp?), Kentankerous, DynastyDefender, Carlos, Bob Green, Jason Evans, etc., has been refreshing and rewarding.

A few thoughts, then I'll go:
1. The LSU game, JJ's senior year...I had to find a sports bar in downtown San Francisco after an unavoidable meeting in order to watch the game. The bar I found was full, and needless to say, the crowd took great vocal pleasure in watching that team lose, and JJ cry. I think I was the only Duke fan out of 75 people. I felt like firebombing the place. Walking out, I told myself I would not get emotionally involved with the team again in order to avoid feeling the pain I was experiencing.

2. That resolve made watching last year much more bearable.

3. I am now emotionally involved again. Not because they are doing so well, but because of the respect I have for DeMarcus, the emotional story of Nolan, the obvious integrity of Kyle Singler, and the fact that the future looks so, so bright.

In any case, I apologize for the long post, but thought I should pass along how excited I am about this season and the direction the program is headed. I look forward to many more spirited discussions.