Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Do we have the flu?

Henderson is the key to the rest of the season. His slashing to the hoop makes our offense much more dynamic...without it we become much easier to defend. Get healthy soon G.

Classy cheers that display such wit make me glad Swofford got Miami in the conference. What a bunch of.....(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    Do we have the flu?
    If we do have the flu, then we caught it from Quentin Thomas.

Spring Lake, NC (acutally Harnett County)

Billy Packer

Well, I've watched 15 minutes and had to listen to Billy Packer now for the whole game.

I do not know how we have won any games this year. We are slow, we can't rebound, Zoubek has been out of shape, every team we play against is the greatest team ever assembled.

I don't even know how we are leading this game in rebounding. Maybe lots of long rebounds or maybe the stats guy has it wrong.

Sigh - we probably can't even make the tournament.

What is wrong with us? We all look hesitant and tired. Everytime Demarcus and Scheyer have the ball or are shown up close, they look exhausted. Hats off to Lance, Zoubek especially, and Taylor. All three playing with energy and Zoubek looks great. Still trying to figure out how they are calling the game. One minute it's ticky-tac and the next bodies are flying. But through all 13 turnovers so far, K looks so non-chalant. Like it's no big deal. Miami is beating us everywhere but get this: rebounding. Go figure. Please pick it up guys!!!!

It's looking like our boys have hit a wall.

nolan and greg

look lost they need to figure out this defense

What's the foul count?

Free throws

Wow...7-7, 100% so far.

One good thing

Taylor King is 6'9" now. That is why he can shoot over the guards so easily. Anyway, that's what Billy just said.

Hooray for Taylor King!!!!!! Keep up the energy brother!!! And shoot the damn ball!!!

we cant lose this

if we do we will be in big trouble

Not terrible

We definitely looked tight. Still no offense from Henderson. Shooting is poor, particularly from Nelson. Singler has not had a good game.

In fact, Miami leads by 5 at the half. They have several players having outstanding games. They are motivated and pumped. We are lethargic and out of sync. Still, we trail only by 5. We'll settle down in the second half.

Zoubek looks pretty decent. I say again, Zoubek looks pretty decent.

I'm really pleased to see Brian Zoubek making a contribution tonight. I hope this marks a return to him having more than token time.

It's a long trip to Miami and the team seems to have lag. A step slow getting to the ball or staying in front of their assignment on defense. 14 turnovers will get you beat. Add Miami humidity and I just wanna get out of there with a win.

Anybody have a clue?

Lack of confidence? Fatigue? Injury? Seriously, this does not even look like the same team.

Players are human

Quote Originally Posted by dbd4ever View Post
    What is wrong with us? We all look hesitant and tired. Everytime Demarcus and Scheyer have the ball or are shown up close, they look exhausted. Hats off to Lance, Zoubek especially, and Taylor. All three playing with energy and Zoubek looks great. Still trying to figure out how they are calling the game. One minute it's ticky-tac and the next bodies are flying. But through all 13 turnovers so far, K looks so non-chalant. Like it's no big deal. Miami is beating us everywhere but get this: rebounding. Go figure. Please pick it up guys!!!!
    It is very possible that folks are not a 100%. Most everyone I know has some sort of respiratory ailment right now. Some sicker than others. For all we know- the players are run down for lots of reason. It just could be one of those rough weeks. Duke will need to tough it out.

Just heard the Raycom analysis of the 1st half

Miami has "held" Duke to 40% shooting and "forced" 14 turnovers due to outstanding defense.

I must admit, having watched the first half, that our 40% shooting is due to missing lots of wide open shots, many without a Miami player close by.

Most of our turnovers are stupid plays and stupid passes. It is possible that Miami is the cause - maybe in a tele-kinetic sort of way.

That said, we have to settle down and take this one in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    It is very possible that folks are not a 100%. Most everyone I know has some sort of respiratory ailment right now. Some sicker than others. For all we know- the players are run down for lots of reason. It just could be one of those rough weeks. Duke will need to tough it out.
    I don't know. I didn't see and injury report on anything like that.