Thread: Memphis-UAB

Memphis-UAB

...if anybody posts ANYTHING about this game before the end and jinxes it, you get a red-card...seriously.

Uh...didn't you just do that? If not, you definitely invited it

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Uh...didn't you just do that? If not, you definitely invited it
    Uh, no, I double-reversed the pre-jinx moratorium. It's like Sandlot rules, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
    Uh, no, I double-reversed the pre-jinx moratorium. It's like Sandlot rules, man.
    Ah gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
    ...if anybody posts ANYTHING about this game before the end and jinxes it, you get a red-card...seriously.
    Good call...

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!

Man I can't stand Memphis or Calimari.

Up 7 with 1 1/2 minutes left and they still lose?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Up 7 with 1 1/2 minutes left and they still lose?!?!?!?!

You can stick a fork in UAB's season. I'll bet they don't win another three games.

Go Vols

Tennessee has a great shot at beating the Tigers. Too bad it is in Memphis.

I don't have any interest in our being ranked #1. Let Memphis get fat and sassy on their regular season and going into the NCAAT with a UNLV-like win streak.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I think Tennessee has a great shot at beating them but it's at memphis so it will be a huge test for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I don't have any interest in our being ranked #1. Let Memphis get fat and sassy on their regular season and going into the NCAAT with a UNLV-like win streak.
    After seeing Memphis lose and muttering a four letter word in the sports bar I was at last night, the guy next to me told me the exact same thing.

I would like Duke to be #1 at some point this season, but I realize that's a pretty superficial desire in the big scheme of things..

Who cares if Memphis loses or not in February? We've been ranked #1 MANY times during the regular season. Ultimately, the only time that being #1 matters is in early April. If Memphis is undefeated after the first week in April, then I'll be disappointed. Until they face us (if they face us) though, it just doesn't really matter.

Memphis beatable

I've seen the Tigers play in person 7 times this year (live in Memphis)...

They have a lot of talented "streetballers". Their coach is not a great game tactition.

I personally hope they go undefeated during the regular season so they can get clocked in the tourney (preferably by the Devils)

I'm just hoping that Leslie McDonald is sharp enough to tell Calipari to get lost. He belongs in an upstanding program at a school where he can get a great education.

BTW, my son goes to school with Elliot Williams. He is a terrific young man and pretty much a straight A student at a tough school..."E-Mail" just led his team to the state regional title last night. He will remind you of Johnny Dawkins when he arrives...I just hope he stays four years!!!

The following photo, which you can magnify, taken in the moments immediately following Memphis' victory at UAB, is brilliant, in a "Where's Waldo" kind of way:

http://media.commercialappeal.com/mc...17/mwmem12.jpg

The centerpiece is Robert Dozier (he of this story http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23057804/ ) looking out into the crowd. There's one Tiger popping a jersey, assistant coaches barricading the players from charging the crowd, at least half a dozen middle fingers flying, the misspelling of "Memphis" on the poster. But none of that is the really good stuff.

Up front, making eye contact with Dozier, is a girl wearing a painted blackeye and a "I Dated Dozier" T-shirt, and off to the right, you see a UAB fan in the immediate aftermath of getting pimpslapped by a Tiger bench player.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

Up front, making eye contact with Dozier, is a girl wearing a painted blackeye and a "I Dated Dozier" T-shirt, and off to the right, you see a UAB fan in the immediate aftermath of getting pimpslapped by a Tiger bench player.
    Yeah, that's actually one of our students and he's a great, great kid... too bad the game ended like that. I don't know how seriously to take this under the circumstances, but there have been rumors that certain parties want to file charges over this incident. As previously discussed, I don't know how much of a leg either program would have to stand on considering how intense the atmosphere was at that game.

Where's Will Ferrell when you need him? Stay classy, Birmingham.