Lawson = Boozer?

Just heard the CBS guys say that they thought the team that will not be named would be a better team when Lawson comes back because of having to learn to play without him. Couldn't help but have a flashback to 2001 when Boozer went down. Granted that Lawson went down earlier than Boozer did, but I think it's a valid comparison and frankly the thought of the holes rallying around him scares me. Fingers crossed their '08 doesn't end like our '01.

Not quite the same

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCO2009 View Post
    Just heard the CBS guys say that they thought the team that will not be named would be a better team when Lawson comes back because of having to learn to play without him. Couldn't help but have a flashback to 2001 when Boozer went down. Granted that Lawson went down earlier than Boozer did, but I think it's a valid comparison and frankly the thought of the holes rallying around him scares me. Fingers crossed their '08 doesn't end like our '01.
    When Duke lost Boozer- they lost the game. When UNC lost Lawson- they won the game. After Duke lost Boozer, they never played another home game to get backup players confidence- and after the UNC game- every game was in a tourney where you lose and you are out. UNC has had many games and practices to get used to not having Lawson in the lineup. When he comes back- he might actually disrupt the team by trying to do too much at critical moments. At least Thomas defers to Hans- not sure that Lawson will do the same. There is also some question (even by Ol''' Roy) about Lawson being too careful with the ankle and not trying to play through the injury. It will be interesting to watch. I am more hoping for a repeat of UNC's '01 season where there was a major chemistry disruption with the problems in the locker-room with Joe Forte and his teammates.