Thumbs down "CBS not offering local games as constants in High Definition"

The Washington, DC CBS affiliate showed the entire Georgetown game in standard definition. I went to their website with their tournament coverage and they have the following statement:

"CBS is not offering our local games as constants in High Definition. To contact their audience services department send e-mail to audsvcs@cbs.com."

http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_artic...?storyid=56642

Is anyone else dealing with this? Also, that game has ended and now the GW game is in crap-tastic SD.

re: CBS in HD

My DC channel 212 on comcast just came back from commercial with the GW game in HD (even though the Web site says local games would be in SD)

Same here (but on DirecTV) but I think it's because the GW game is the only one on right now. When the "local constant" game is one of multiple simultaneous games, that's when we get screwed.

Here in the Triangle, WRAL is broadcasting OTA only in SD so that it can split it's digital bandwidth across 4 channels -- to cover all the games simultaneously.

Cable customers, however, get the games from WRAL in HD on channels 255 and 254.

---

FWIW, WUSA is a sucky broadcaster -- especially when it comes to sports, and Comcast is the best of the worst as far as DC-area cable providers. (I've suffered through District Cablevision, Starpower/RCN and Comcast.)

see also: cbs sucks