Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lost 2/14...Spoilers

OK. Wow.

I can honestly say I did not see that one coming. Where in the world do we go from here

Ben seems like he is trying to protect the others left on the island, but why?

Best I can figure... the freighter people work for Dharma or some other entity that wants to take over the island... and so Ben was right... and now Sayid is off the island and hunting down the leaders of Dharma who are trying to bring harm to the rest of the people on the island. Thus, Ben and Sayid's interests are aligned in protecting the island/the inhabitants.

Also

Also, what's the deal with the rocket? It comes an hour late, and what the heck is it. And the picture of Ben looked an awful like the Ben we saw at the end. I'm going to watch this one again, but I'm scared I will have more questions than I can find answers

enhanced episode

did anyone watch the enhanced episode and have anything to share? I didn't see it, any revelations?
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

A few more things to note--

• Ben has a secret closet with "real world" clothes, passports, and money. Methinks he is able to get on and off the island a lot easier and more often than we were previously led to believe.
    • The rocket arrived 31 minutes late. I was not clear which timer belonged where. Did the rocket arrive 31 minutes late to the island or was the rocket shot 31 minutes later from the ship? In other words, is the island running behind or ahead of "real time" off the island.
    • Worth noting perhaps-- when Sayid's girlfriend gets her "page" she says that it is 30 minutes late. Perhaps she was being paged by someone on the island? Wrap your head around that one!
    • I think it is quite significant that the first guy killed by Sayid knew to fear Sayid because he was one of the Dharma 6. I am not sure how that is significant, but I bet Sayid is on a mission to kill the folks who are threatening the island -- the people who sent the freighter and (probably) faked the crash of Oceanic 815. If Sayid knew these people were a threat to his friends still on the island, I could see him deciding to help Ben if that was their ultimate goal.

--Jason "need to wrap my head around this one a bit more -- more comments later" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 02-15-2008 at 10:23 AM.

I don't think this is the case...but just to get your brain juices flowing.

What if Sayid is the man on the boat? Think of it...there is a time difference between real time and the boat...what if Ben can manipulate it somehow or understands it to the point that he is able to get someone on the boat after the fact to then later get information on them?
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Lost Episode Info

Now that the strike is over Damon Lindelhoff and Carleton Cuse have spoken to ABC and here is the plan for the rest of this season of Lost.

ABC had originally contracted for 8 additional episodes of Lost. But, only 5 will be produced because there is simply not time to do 8 more.

The 5 episodes will not be ready in time to air as soon as the current block of 8 episodes are done. So, Lost will take a "short" 3 or 4 week hiatus before the final 5 epsiodes of this season will air. The final 5 episodes may go beyond the end of sweeps month-- which could mean we are watching Lost into June. I have no problem with this

The content of the episodes is being adjusted so the overall story will end this season at the same point it was going to be before the strike happened. In other words, the stuff that was supposed to be told in 8 epsiodes will now be told in 5.

The total number of episodes of Lost will remain the same -- meaning that the3 episodes that were not produced this year will be added to the next 2 seasons. So, instead of 32 total episodes in seasons 5 and 6, there will be 35 episodes.

The best news is that we will get a satisfying resolution to this season and it will end at the same point that Cuse and Lindelhoff had planned. Yippeee!!

--Jason "best show on TV!!" Evans

When the final flashback popped up on the screen, I knew that Sayid was going to go meet with Ben and I was disgusted. Not that it was a bad move or anything, but I really did not want to see Benjamin Linus win. It was a stomach punch more than anything.

That said, I'm not convinced Ben ends up winning. Now that we know more about his ability to get off the island, I believe that he has to be the dead man from New York.

Michael Emerson (I believe is the actor's name) does an unbelievable job. I saw an interview with him recently and he was a normal guy giving a normal interview...and I still hated him. There aren't many characters, in my book, that appear more real than Ben does.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarp23 View Post

That said, I'm not convinced Ben ends up winning. Now that we know more about his ability to get off the island, I believe that he has to be the dead man from New York.
    I was not a fan of this theory before, but knowing what we know now, I've changed my mind. It fits perfectly with the lack of publicity and attendance at his funeral (who would his family possibly be?), Kate's disgusted reaction, and also with Jack's abrupt turnaround from "We're never going back" to "We have to go back". Possibly once Ben is dead, Jack knows that the island and all of their friends there are vulnerable and he feels compelled to go back on yet another rescue mission.

Just an interesting map I found.

http://lostmap.blogspot.com/
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

A couple of more things

The guy who rode up to Sayid on the golf course. It seemed he wanted to get inside Sayid somehow. How many times has someone just rode up to you on a golf course and started making bets out of the blue. I understand why he was shocked when Sayid called his name, but he sure seemed surprised when he told him he was one of the Oceanic 6, and wanted to jet quick! What was he doing in the first place?

I guess the hit list is coming from Ben's guy on the freighter.

Where does Penny fall in all of this, wouldn't it be a kicker if Penny was on Sayid's list.

Ben was in some kind of animal experiment/hospital place. How does this tie into the "zoo" on the island. One day I guess the significance of the Polar Bears are going to become clear.

When Dan told the pilot to precisely follow the same bearing to go back to the boat, does that mean there is a "time window" of some sort? I mean it obvious that there is some kind of time issue, but there is a "window"?

I agree with the pilot. I can see how half of what Dan says goes over his head, and the other half goes way over his head. He almost seems like he is more interested in the mystery than the mission.

Hurley looked pitiful when he had to reveal he tricked Sayid and crew.

Hurley had the best line of the night when he said "Great, the boat sent another Sawyer". Too funny!

Sawyer made a compelling argument to Kate to stay. I still wonder if she decided to stay, or if she was part of Sayid's deal from the get go.

What did Ben mean when he said "good" when Sayid said they know that he is coming after them?

dcarp23 says

Michael Emerson (I believe is the actor's name) does an unbelievable job. I saw an interview with him recently and he was a normal guy giving a normal interview...and I still hated him. There aren't many characters, in my book, that appear more real than Ben does.

I totally agree. He fits this role perfectly, I imagine he gets a lot of grief on the street in real life. He's that good. His 2 funny lines were "I'm thirsty!" and raising his hand when Locke offered a drink. And when Sayid asked who his spy was and he said "It's a secret".

JasonEvans says

Now that the strike is over Damon Lindelhoff and Carleton Cuse have spoken to ABC and here is the plan for the rest of this season of Lost.

ABC had originally contracted for 8 additional episodes of Lost. But, only 5 will be produced because there is simply not time to do 8 more.

The 5 episodes will not be ready in time to air as soon as the current block of 8 episodes are done. So, Lost will take a "short" 3 or 4 week hiatus before the final 5 epsiodes of this season will air. The final 5 episodes may go beyond the end of sweeps month-- which could mean we are watching Lost into June. I have no problem with this

The content of the episodes is being adjusted so the overall story will end this season at the same point it was going to be before the strike happened. In other words, the stuff that was supposed to be told in 8 epsiodes will now be told in 5.

The total number of episodes of Lost will remain the same -- meaning that the3 episodes that were not produced this year will be added to the next 2 seasons. So, instead of 32 total episodes in seasons 5 and 6, there will be 35 episodes.

The best news is that we will get a satisfying resolution to this season and it will end at the same point that Cuse and Lindelhoff had planned. Yippeee!!

Yippeee!! Indeed.

The only thing I was bummed out about this season was the ending. Now we will have the proper season cliff hanger instead of a mid-season screech to a halt. Every episode I have watched this year I have always though "gosh, I'm glad it didn't end there.

What a show!

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    I was not a fan of this theory before, but knowing what we know now, I've changed my mind. It fits perfectly with the lack of publicity and attendance at his funeral (who would his family possibly be?), Kate's disgusted reaction, and also with Jack's abrupt turnaround from "We're never going back" to "We have to go back". Possibly once Ben is dead, Jack knows that the island and all of their friends there are vulnerable and he feels compelled to go back on yet another rescue mission.
    Yup, if the guy in the casket is someone we currently know from the show, it almost has to be Ben. When Sayid was inspecting the passports in Ben's secret room, there were fake names on them, not Benjamin Linus, which would explain why the obituary had a name in it that was not recognizeable.

My bet is that Ben has some inoperable cancer or something that the island heals for him but when he gets cut off from the island for a long time, it kills him.

My new theory for how the show ends -- Jack and Kate get back to the island, but because of the time-travel warping on the island, they get there waaay in the past. Oceanic 815 will not arrive for decades. Heck, even the Dharma folks are not gonna be there yet. Perhaps it is even before the Black Rock lands there (leaving Richard Alpert and crew to become "the others).

In the final scene, Jack and Kate are each holding a black and white stone in their hands as they begin to make a home in the caves, knowing they are going to die there and be discovered by Jack many, many years in the future.

-Jason "sniff, how sweet" Evans

ooooh...I like that jake/kate = adam/eve type ending.

I thought about the rocket/time experiment some more, and my first issue was...if there was a problem with a timeshift coming in, wouldn't the clock faraday was carrying also have been shifted, and therefore no change in the time would be seen? It then occurred to me that the rocket probably entered on a different trajectory than the chopper. Likely the chopper somehow managed to get through a time window, as someone put it earlier, and made it through without being effected by the whole time shift. The rocket, on the other hand, punched through to make it only it didn't get through the time window bubble, thus causing clock to shift. As a result, it is vitally important for them to leave the same way they came in so they aren't changed/destroyed by the time window.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Oceanic Flight six

So, six from the Oceanic flight got off the island. We know for certain:
    Jack
    Kate
    Hurley
    Sayid

Who else? My daughter thought maybe Sun & Jin, which would make more sense as she got pregnant on the island.

What is interesting in the overall plot is that Ben was only to be in a few episodes, and now seems to be the central character. My response to Jack has certainly changed, as I don't like him at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineTwinsDad View Post
    So, six from the Oceanic flight got off the island. We know for certain:
    Jack
    Kate
    Hurley
    Sayid

Who else?
    I'm going with Sawyer and Locke. The four already revealed were major players in the flashbacks and their life stories the real focus of the show. I think Sawyer and Locke are such vital characters that they'll want to show flash-forwards of them as well.

aren't these also the characters that Ben asked Michael to bring to the others originally?

The man on the boat

I heard an interesting theory the other day that Charlotte could be Ben's MOTB. Evidence for this is :

a) she clearly knows or suspects about the Dharma initiative. She knew exactly where the polar bear was and she knew to look for a collar. Certainly one possibility is because she used to be an island resident or a member of the initiative herself.

b) Ben is notoriously tricksy about giving out information. It would be just like him to say that he has a "man" to throw us all off when it's in fact a woman.

c) As a corollary, he shot her in the chest pretty darn near the heart. If his aim is that good, you'd think that he would have been able to get a shot to the head, but he didn't. He would have known that he couldn't permanently hurt her by taking a chest shot and this also distances him from her and obscures their connection.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    aren't these also the characters that Ben asked Michael to bring to the others originally?
    Excellent point.

That raises the issue that I've been reading on the internet as to whether these flashforwards are really flashforwards from a previous point in time.

There's no way I can explain it here. If you want to twist your mind on this stuff, read this:

http://timelooptheory.com/
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

hurley and the cabin

did anybody notice in last weeks episode when hurley questioned locke were the cabin was the look on bens face ....is there anything there

Did anybody catch what Ben said to Sayid at the end... I did not DVR it and somebody was talking during that part. I think it was right after when Ben said "Now you know not to trust your friends..."