Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes, Ive been saying it since I figured out what this team was gonna be. Just look at my post history.

Assuming the three point line is moved back next year to the international distance, is it reasonable to expect that Duke will be less successful?
    There was just a discussion on IC the other day about this and they were all giddy and overjoyed at the concept. However, the international distance is not that far of a line movement. Most of our shooters at Duke (and certainly the ones we have this season) have always been capable/comfortable hitting shots from a few inches to a foot past the three-point arc. It certainly won't hurt a guy like King, but Paulus and Singler hit most of their threes from nine or ten inches behind the line anyhow. It's just a natural shot for them. In fact, most outside shooters usually have some space between them and the line on every shot they take. Exact foot-behind-the-line three-pointers are a rarity.

I'd certainly rather not see it happen myself (if it isn't broke then don't fix it), but the line change isn't going to put a major constraint on already good outside shooters. It's just not that much of a change. I was just at a DII game (Hillsdale Chargers) on Saturday to watch my cousin play and the venue the game was being held at already had the extended line taped around the perimeter (for early practice and preparation, I would assume). Most of threes that were attempted and made in the game all came from behind or near the "new" distance line. It didn't seem to hamper those who could shoot very much, if at all.

Just an observation, but I don't think it will effect Duke as adversely as some may think (or want to think). Regardless, it's not like our staff doesn't know how to find great distance men

Still some time left as I type but I can't see tonight's game against Miami. However, looking at the box score, we have taken 50 shots. 30 of those were threes...just saying.