Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kyle Singler man-crush club now taking applications

Woah, nellie!!

This kid is going to be special, special, special. He's confident, tough as nails and has an incredibly complete game for just being a freshman.

We haven't had a power forward who can shoot the 3 as well as Singler since Shane Battier. I can't wait to see how good this kid is gonna be when his Duke career is done, which hopefully is not anytime soon.

no man crush ......just love his game

I agree -- Kyle Singler is a man!

I see the rafters of Cameron Indoor Stadium in his future. I believe he will be in Durham for 4 years

Reminds me of Laettner. Further along as a freshman, I think.

I'm glad I got to take a picture with after the Blue White game. Love this guy. He looks like he's been doing this for us for a while. They talk all that crap about hansbro's heart, Kyle has just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    Thinking the same thing.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by dukebballcamper90-91 View Post
    He looks like he's been doing this for us for a while. They talk all that crap about hansbro's heart, Kyle has just as much.
    amazing!

If he sticks around long enough, I absolutely see rafters (and trophies) in his future. But do we really think he will? I sure hope so. He's pretty much a lock for two and I think he's at least probable for three...any chance he goes on the Boozer/JWill graduation plan?

Singler is in the house! Babe~~~

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Woah, nellie!!

This kid is going to be special, special, special. He's confident, tough as nails and has an incredibly complete game for just being a freshman.
    What do you mean is going to be? He already is!

last 50 games, I swear

he's made the crucial play, hit the crucial shoot to take us out of the danger zone. rafters for sure if he will just stay

My favorite player on this year's team

You can see Kyle's confidence growing with each game. His toughness, intelligence, poise and versatility on both ends of the floor are remarkable. He's plays smarter than any freshman I can remember and is a matchup nightmare. I just hope he's here at least 3 years.

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDuke Dad View Post
    What do you mean is going to be? He already is!
    Exactly.

Tonight, Dickie V said Singler was going to be a star at Duke. My immediate reaction was . . . . He already is!!!!

I'll fax my resume tomorrow.

A difference between Hansbrough and Singler.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebballcamper90-91 View Post
    I'm glad I got to take a picture with after the Blue White game. Love this guy. He looks like he's been doing this for us for a while. They talk all that crap about hansbro's heart, Kyle has just as much.
    A difference between their style of play, I've noted, is that Singler plays with great heart but he does not seem to let his emotions 'get the best of him' or, put another way I guess, he doesn't seem to need his emotions to play well; he is just a killer out there and he does it with great heart, but quietly. T Hansbrough lets you know he wants to throw the dunk in your face and he grabs his play via emotional outbursts.

Singler also is a much more complete player with his superb deep-ball range; Hansbrough isn't much of a consistent threat with the deep ball and isn't the dribbler or passer that Singler certainly is.

For this reason, we are going to be really, really fortunate to keep Singler at Duke; if we do for 4 years, his jersey is destined to hang in eternity from the rafters of our hallowed House of Pain.

dth.

for some reason, and i know this may sound crazy, but that look that he has in his eyes and the way he plays reminds me of the bad guy from the Terminator 2.

Been a charter member since I saw the Oak Hill game highlight video on youtube. Coach K uses the word special a lot. There is special and then there is Singler Special.

Question: is he having the best season of any Duke freshman ever? I think yes. And he's getting better every game.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    D-A-N-N-Y F-E-R-R-Y!!

sagegrouse