Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/14 Lost

3/14 Lost

what is up with John Locke?

Lost (small spoiler, whited out)

Quote Originally Posted by dahntaysdawg View Post
    what is up with John Locke?
    We'll find out next week.

Pretty good episode tonight. Did someone here tell us that Claire and Jack are half brother/sister, or was that a complete surprise to everyong?

Too bad Jack didn't fall into the bushes catching that football. Boy, would he have been surprised.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I guessed your spoiler...(with some of my own)

last season? Last fall? At some point during someone else's' flashback. Maybe during Anna Lucia's flashback about Jack's dad? In any case, that wasn't a huge surprise for me.

On another spoiler-ish note, I realized after that Kate and the gang only made a one-way bridge over the barricade. They have no escape route. I hope that this matters and isn't just sloppy writing.

Exiled

i didn't put it all together...

until tonight but after reading an article in entertainment weekly i think it was, i had an idea they were thinking of doing this with claire...i love that locke wants to keep something a secret, just wondering how intense that secret really is...and damn, tom throws a football like a girl

Way out

The map showed two maybe three underground tunnels out of Otherville, I think. http://www.lostpedia.com/images/f/f5...abling_Map.jpg

Did Bakunin actually know Locke, or just knew about him, like he knew everyone's name. I think he said "The John Locke I knew was para..."

Friggin awesome episode!! Almost certainly the best this season... so far. I have a feeling we are going to get a rush of really good stuff coming up.

The Claire flashback was truly lame. Making her Jack's sister was a little silly, but whatever. Aside from that revelation, nothing really mattered in the flashback and constantly going back to Claire distracted from hanging out with the awesome group huntiung down The Others.

I love the new "just do it" Locke. He gets a feeling and goes with it. "Hmmm, it we are unsure what effect this barrier has on us, I'll just throw our hostage into it and see what happens." SWEET!! Locke has become the most immoral spiritual person ever. What an amazing character. And in terms of "moments" how about "the Locke I know was paral..." has to be among the great ones of the season. Subtle, but effective!

Jack is playing football with The Others. I love it!! The look of horror on Kate's face was priceless.

I can't wait for next week!! At this point, I am really glad we have no repeats/breaks!!!

As for escape from Otherville, that map clearly shows underground passages-- that's my bet.

Really interesting that Patchy said no one could get back to the island after the electromagnetic pulse and that no one on the island wanted to leave and never come back. Hmmmmm. I suspect some answers are coming very soon. I am eager to see The Others submarine too!

-Jason "rocking episode!!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

As for escape from Otherville, that map clearly shows underground passages-- that's my bet.
    Probably my favorite thing about this show is the fact that any tidbit of information is available on the internet. Thanks for the link.

Really interesting that Patchy said no one could get back to the island after the electromagnetic pulse and that no one on the island wanted to leave and never come back. Hmmmmm. I suspect some answers are coming very soon. I am eager to see The Others submarine too!

-Jason "rocking episode!!" Evans
    I wonder if the 'lost time' hint from weeks past has anything to do with the lack of a desire to leave and never come back? I am still waiting for the overall psuedo-science rationale to come to the surface.

Exiled

Eye Opening

has anyone else noticed how many episodes begin with a close-up on an eye opening? i'd love to go through and count how many but it seems like every other week the first shot is a very close shot of a closed eye that opens. wasn't that the first shot of the desmond episode a few weeks ago? and this week too. i wonder what the meaning of that is. forgive me if this is a topic that has been discussed before.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    has anyone else noticed how many episodes begin with a close-up on an eye opening? i'd love to go through and count how many but it seems like every other week the first shot is a very close shot of a closed eye that opens. wasn't that the first shot of the desmond episode a few weeks ago? and this week too. i wonder what the meaning of that is. forgive me if this is a topic that has been discussed before.

You are aware that the series began with a shot of Jack's eye opening as he lay in the jungle just off the beach where the plane crash, right?

This is certainly a theme for opening shots of episodes. I am not sure it means anything significant but I bet there have been at least 5 or 6 episodes that opened like that.

-Jason "was everyone else as disappointed in Claire's flashback as I was?" Evans

-Jason "was everyone else as disappointed in Claire's flashback as I was?" Evans
    Not at all. I can't understand why you were so disappointed in it. Definitively answered the question as to his paternity, and showed us a different side of Claire that we hadn't realized...

I didn't find the flashbacks horrible. The action on the island was so good, I just wanted them to hurry up through the flashback bits.

Yes, I knew that was the first shot of the pilot but I also recalled there being at least one other one from this season, if not more. I may have to go back on ABC.com and check it out.

Thumbs up nice

i was a little surprised about it being jacks dad. but i immediately thought that the "running jack" was a dream or mirage by kate, i have no reason why, just a 2 second thought until i realized that everyone saw it. WEIRD! next weeks epi looks very exciting

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Yes, I knew that was the first shot of the pilot but I also recalled there being at least one other one from this season, if not more. I may have to go back on ABC.com and check it out.
    I don't know about this season, but there have been a number of episodes that start that way.

Amongst a veritable smorgasboard of resources:
    The Fuselage
    Main Page - Lostpedia
    LOST -- The TailSection

The forums on The Fuselage have every theory known to man, some verging on the criminally inane. Lostpedia has an amazing wealth of information, including info from the jigsaw puzzles: http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Jigsaw_puzzles

A couple more things...

I find this kind of odd, because I do not usually notice these sort of things, but I thought the background music for this episode was awesome. I don't know why I did, but I noticed a more intense music score for this episode and it really helped to capture you into the mood. If you have it recorded, go back and hear what I'm talking about. Also, from watching the episode again I picked up on a couple of things. One was that Claire was listening to one of Charlie's songs when she was giving that girl her 29 piercing. And also the adorable accent of Claire. I guess since the show focused on her so much, that noticed it so much more. It is driving my wife crazy what the significance is for her black hair. We are now arguing whether Jack has been brainwashed like the airline attendant seemed to be, or if he is playing them to try another angle out.

Quote Originally Posted by GDT View Post
    some verging on the criminally inane.
    Don't know if you meant it that way, but I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by 365Duke View Post
    We are now arguing whether Jack has been brainwashed like the airline attendant seemed to be, or if he is playing them to try another angle out.
    Brainwashed? No way. Playing out the string while hoping the Others get him off the island, maybe, but Jack has some serious control issues. Trying to manipulate the Others so he can dictate terms is more likely.
    Last edited by crimsondevil; 03-18-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: typo

Couple of things

Well, I finally caught myself up since the hiatus and just watched the last six in a row. As usual, the jack-back sucked but the Desmond episode was awesome.

As far as this one - I had been reading since last season Claire was Jack's half-sister, so this was more of "OK, they're finally getting around to telling us the whole story - but I already knew so somewhat boring".

To the ending - wow. I really wish I had held off longer so I didn't have to wait a week to catch the next one. I like being able to just click the next file I downloaded.

Speaking of which, TONS of episodes open with a shot of the eye. Just looking by the thumbnail previews in my Lost folder - episodes 1, 4, 5, 6, 16 and 17 from Season 1 all do - and I can't tell the rest because they all start with "previously on..." or a second of black screen. But yeah, it's common.

Tidbits

Just caught up after a trip--AWESOME episode, and I just gasped at the end. Then I headed over to my favorite place to get summaries of all the things I miss:
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2...sh_3.html#more

A teaser:
    1. tza79 wrote:

We have heard alot about twins on Lost before. I know it seems a bit cliche but could that be Jack's twin who is ingrained in the other society?

19. I find this kind of odd, because I do not usually notice these sort of things, but I thought the background music for this episode was awesome. I don't know why I did, but I noticed a more intense music score for this episode and it really helped to capture you into the mood.
    The score is composed by award-winning composer Michael Giacchino. You might also remember the really excellent soundtrack he did for Pixar's "The Incredibles." I agree, the score in LOST is excellent, and just one feature of really fantastic production values that are brought to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by BCGroup View Post
    Just caught up after a trip--AWESOME episode, and I just gasped at the end. Then I headed over to my favorite place to get summaries of all the things I miss:
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2...sh_3.html#more

A teaser:
    1. tza79 wrote:

We have heard alot about twins on Lost before. I know it seems a bit cliche but could that be Jack's twin who is ingrained in the other society?
    I think the odds of that are extremely slim. That would seem to be a very weak plot twist on a show that has mostly relied on clever, thoughtful plot twists. I think we will find that Jack is hanging out with the Others waiting for Ben to get better so Jack can be whisked off the island like Ben promissed. I am not sure Ben will be able to fulfill this promise though.

-Jason "Jack has a long-lost twin who is a part of the Others-- wow, talk about a shark jumping moment!!" Evans