Thread: 3 Point Line

3 Point Line

Did they move the 3 point line further out this year or is it going to happen next year ?

Next year.

Haven't you seen the games? The line is the same this year. I wondered why there were two lines on the new practice courts then I realized that the second one will be the new 3 point line. It will be odd to see it not touch the top of the free throw circle next year.

Just for men

It's just for the men's game, right?
    That would be real confusing, especially for women's players. I've seen a few high school games played on pro courts and all the players are jacking up bricks from the 23-foot line thinking that's their 3-point line.
    Also, the change isn't official yet, but it's probably just a rubber-stamp item in May when the committee votes.

I hope they have a change of mind and come to their senses. There is no need to move the line back. I'll tell you, our society just doesn't know when to quit and leave things the hell alone. Moving the line back is only going to worsen shooting percentages, not improve them. Get real. The three ball is ALWAYS going to remain eye candy for guards and wannabe long range shooters. That is not going to change. The three will still be hoisted with regularity.

I'm just beating a dead horse, however, so I'm done bickering.

Won't it be good for us?

We have quite a few players with deep, deep range. Seems to me we won't be affected much, but other teams will.

Smile

I'm concerned that Taylor King won't have the 3-pt range next year from that faraway line.

Quote Originally Posted by firealleva View Post
    I'm concerned that Taylor King won't have the 3-pt range next year from that faraway line.
    I'm more concerned that he'll be hesitant to shoot... and keep shooting.