Smile Odd snrubchat issue

When I use snrubchat on my home desktop computer (IE), I experience no troubles.

When I work the buttons on my iTouch (through Safari; which accesses our router), my response times are absurdly slow. I mean, I can't even see what I've typed for about 30 seconds, and if I've misspelled, it's a long time to correct the error. Comments appear very late from me, as well as those from other folks.

IE on our laptop doesn't much improve speed.

Is it simply the number of folks accessing the chat? Is anyone else having issues?

No offense. I LOVE snrubchat, and Billybreen's work put into it is GREATLY appreciated. I am just wondering if I have to reconfigure something.

Thanks,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    When I use snrubchat on my home desktop computer (IE), I experience no troubles.

When I work the buttons on my iTouch (through Safari; which accesses our router), my response times are absurdly slow. I mean, I can't even see what I've typed for about 30 seconds, and if I've misspelled, it's a long time to correct the error. Comments appear very late from me, as well as those from other folks.

IE on our laptop doesn't much improve speed.

Is it simply the number of folks accessing the chat? Is anyone else having issues?

No offense. I LOVE snrubchat, and Billybreen's work put into it is GREATLY appreciated. I am just wondering if I have to reconfigure something.

Thanks,
    Lavabe
    Hmm, I haven't seen that latency issue on my iPhone. I find that level of delay pretty surprising. I also wouldn't expect there to be a performance difference between the laptop and the desktop, assuming they are on the same network.

Did performance get better or worse last week when I changed the hosting location for the chat?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Hmm, I haven't seen that latency issue on my iPhone. I find that level of delay pretty surprising. I also wouldn't expect there to be a performance difference between the laptop and the desktop, assuming they are on the same network.

Did performance get better or worse last week when I changed the hosting location for the chat?
    Worse.

Typically, I might miss one letter in something (say, GTH,C,GTH!), but it will take about 50 seconds before it shows up my touch. And it won't appear on the screen until 2-4 minutes have passed.

I closed the night's session by typing BYE. I never saw it appear on the touch.

Simply bizzre.

Thanks for any help,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Worse.

Typically, I might miss one letter in something (say, GTH,C,GTH!), but it will take about 50 seconds before it shows up my touch. And it won't appear on the screen until 2-4 minutes have passed.

I closed the night's session by typing BYE. I never saw it appear on the touch.

Simply bizzre.

Thanks for any help,
    Lavabe
    Hmm, that's super weird. We can schedule a debugging session when the room is empty to figure out where the latency is.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Hmm, that's super weird. We can schedule a debugging session when the room is empty to figure out where the latency is.
    The slowness I experienced during the game was fixed by refreshing the browser link, which is what you previously recommended.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Smile Hmm...

BBreen: Let me try what Ozzie suggests. If that fails, we'll try it at some point when I am not pressed for time.

Thanks,
    Lavabe

Also, when BB changed the hosting site, I had to clear the browser's cache before I got the "new" snrubchat... based on the "new" title bar ("hopefully faster..."). Simply refreshing the browser window didn't do it. Hope this helps.