Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice!

I have them falling to Georgetown, for hard-to-qualify reasons. (i.e. a hunch). I just really want to see G'town and OSU play - I think it would be agreat game.

Given injuies that popped up in other threads, I am reconsidering my FF. UCLA may not have the personell to make it with an injured Collison. however, for some reason I can't articulate, I really dislike Kansas and can't seem to consider them legitimate FF material.

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Nice!

I have them falling to Georgetown, for hard-to-qualify reasons. (i.e. a hunch). I just really want to see G'town and OSU play - I think it would be agreat game.

Given injuies that popped up in other threads, I am reconsidering my FF. UCLA may not have the personell to make it with an injured Collison. however, for some reason I can't articulate, I really dislike Kansas and can't seem to consider them legitimate FF material.

Exiled
    I'm hoping that the injury to Collison is minor. The article states that he is probable for tomorrow's game (which hopefully they could win even without him, as Westbrook is also going to be a stud). If they make it through this weekend, I'd assume that he'll be alright for the Sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    Hey Feldspar,

You should definetly go with Kansas, Texas, Oregon, and Ohio State.

Why you ask........bc that is who I have in MY BRACKET and I know everything.

So you must know you ripped that Final Four off of me.

Plagarist. Copyright infringment, 1 point.

how about caulky?
    Last edited by ghost; 03-14-2007 at 04:04 PM. Reason: hey that works!

Seeding stuff

I think unc got the hardest seeding of the 1's. I think if Duke can get their act together, our braket's easy. But, that's a tall order. OSU has an easy bracket as well, IMO.
    Can't remember brackets this tough, ever. Gonna be a wild dance. GO DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    I think unc got the hardest seeding of the 1's. I think if Duke can get their act together, our braket's easy. But, that's a tall order. OSU has an easy bracket as well, IMO.
    Can't remember brackets this tough, ever. Gonna be a wild dance. GO DUKE!!!
    I'm not quite sure what makes you say that the path to the final 4 is easy for Duke? Assuming that the likely teams win, Duke would have to beat VCU (not anywhere near a given), Pitt (5th RPI), UCLA (2nd RPI) and most likely Kansas (11th RPI but really hot). I don't view that as easy...

final 4 looks familiar

Feldspar & hurleyfor3---

I matched your final 4 as well. I really like Texas A&M. But for some reason I can't envisionthem as NC of basketball! My toughest decision came in the MW where I obviously ended up with Oregon. G'town scares me a little only because of guard play and wondering if they have peaked just a bit too soon. I ended up taking KS over G'town in the finals. But, as we all know KS doesn't have the greatest track record of late in the NCAA's. There is so much deliberation, chaos, and secong guessing in trying to pick your bracket. That though, is what I love so much about the tournament. All the anxious moments and build up. The anticipation is killing me. Tip the ball, please.

GO DUKE!!

Reminds me of a Monty Python sketch

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    how about caulky?
    Reminds me of the sketch where an Eric Idle character couldn't pronounce the letter "C," so he replaces "C" with "B" (a result of having been attacked by a bat).

Have you thought of replacing the letter "C" with the letter "K"?

This is the first year in forever that I have not completed a bracket. Just can't get into it. I'll root for Duke, but against UNC, MD, BC, VT, UVA, and GT. I'll root against FLA, UCLA, KS, UK, MichSt, and any team that the ESPN & AJC sports hacks pick. A pox on all their houses!

The one match-up I am interested in is Ohio St vs. the other Blue Devils (Cent. Conn. St.). Oden goes up against a 6'2" center!!

GO EASTERN KENTUCKY!!!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

yeah i think duke got probably the hardest bracket as far as reaching the final four. kansas is being picked by many experts to win it (i'd say the second most popular choice behind florida - maybe even more than florida), ucla is by far the best 2 seed, pitt the 2nd best 3 seed after a+m.

I have Georgetown over FL in my "heart" bracket, with Duke winning two games. My "head" bracket has Florida over UNC, with Duke only winning one game. I couldn't bring myself to go with the trendy pick of VCU in the first-round upset. Surely we can win that one. I just don't see this Duke team going farther than two wins, though obviously it *could* happen and I'll be delighted if it does.

Georgetown played both Oregon and Notre Dame (twice for ND) this year at Verizon, so I've seen both in person as well as on TV. Both have improved a lot, but ND especially. I think the trendy pickers for Winthrop are making a mistake.
    Last edited by mapei; 03-14-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Just can't put anyone but Duke

I know it has got to be superstition, but every year when I fill out my brackets I say to myself, "This year I am going to pick who really think is going to win, regardless of who I want to win." But then something happens, just as I'm getting ready to pick someone that I may think will actually beat us, and I just can't do it. In my pie-in-the-sky devotion/obsession, I just simply cannot pick against our guys, whether I actually believe they will win or not. I guess I just think "What kind of guilt will I feel if we actually win when I have picked them to lose?"

Duke all the way

In my brackets I always pick Duke to win. And in another pool where we bid on the teams, I own Duke. It's how I roll.

Well I just pick Duke every year. Duke over Ohio State... 72-65

I have Duke, Wisconsin, Georgetown, Ohio State

I really didn't have time to do any research this year so all I have is this "heart" bracket. I went for the jugular and took Jackson State over Florida too!