Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Mason Plumlee Collector Thread

... the Duke-Maryland game He's a kid we may well offer in the near future.

To everyone wondering when Duke would get involved with another big man. Mason is 6-10 or 6-11 and is very involved with Georgetown, UCLA, Louisville, and several others. Our biggest competition should come from Indiana and Stanford. His brother, class of 2008, will be going to Stanford next year. He is also originally from Indiana and probably has some strong hometown feelings for the Hoosiers.

He is rated just outside the top 50 in the excellent 2009 class, but it is still early and I have heard his stock is rising.

--Jason "thanks to Wat for the insider recruiting scoop!!" Evans

Thanks. Is Leslie McDonald scheduled for a visit anytime soon ?
    I understand if this question cannot be answered outside of the BDN premium board.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrasdukie View Post
    Thanks. Is Leslie McDonald scheduled for a visit anytime soon ?
    I understand if this question cannot be answered outside of the BDN premium board.
    You are right on that one. The news on Mason will be public knowledge in a western North Carolina newspaper tomorrow, so I decided to drop the dime. I hope that the Cameron Crazies are on their game. Of course, why wouldn't they be for Maryland. Still, it is always nice to give kids a brief notice even on unofficials.

i have forwarded the message to the LM in charge of the cheer sheet for MD...I will make sure that the crazies know

watzone...keep letting us (the non members of BDN premium board) know about prospects visits and Ill keep the cheer sheets/crazies up to date

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    You are right on that one. The news on Mason will be public knowledge in a western North Carolina newspaper tomorrow, so I decided to drop the dime. I hope that the Cameron Crazies are on their game. Of course, why wouldn't they be for Maryland. Still, it is always nice to give kids a brief notice even on unofficials.
    I'm like 75% close to signing up at your site as a premium member - being smitten by the recruitment news more so than in the past. Regardless, am a regular reader of BDN, and have always enjoyed reading your posts (starting with the one that broke the news about DeMarcus).

How about holding off on the cheer sheet until I can confirm he is coming for sure and that it might be the thing to do in reconizing him. He is a talented young man but does not hold an offer at this time.

will do

How about holding off on the cheer sheet until I can confirm he is coming for sure and that it might be the thing to do in reconizing him. He is a talented young man but does not hold an offer at this time.
    After some pensive moments, Watzone has concluded that it is worth putting Plumlee on the cheer sheet!!

So, cheer away Crazies and make this kid welcome!!

--Jason "I think we might have room for a 6-11ish player at Duke " Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    After some pensive moments, Watzone has concluded that it is worth putting Plumlee on the cheer sheet!!

So, cheer away Crazies and make this kid welcome!!

--Jason "I think we might have room for a 6-11ish player at Duke " Evans
    6'11" has been good to Duke: Mike Giminski, Christian Laettner...

Such a tease!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    To everyone wondering when Duke would get involved with another big man. Mason is 6-10 or 6-11 and is very involved with Georgetown, UCLA, Louisville, and several others. Our biggest competition should come from Indiana and Stanford. His brother, class of 2008, will be going to Stanford next year. He is also originally from Indiana and probably has some strong hometown feelings for the Hoosiers.

He is rated just outside the top 50 in the excellent 2009 class, but it is still early and I have heard his stock is rising.

--Jason "thanks to Wat for the insider recruiting scoop!!" Evans

Scout.com actually has him at #39, for what it's worth.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=2856191

Duke isn't even listed for consideration, so it's interesting to see him doing an informal visit. We don't usually do too well with North Carolina guys, so this might be fu.

s.i.

p.s. - I guess I don't know how to link
    Last edited by Bob Green; 02-09-2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: fix link

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post

Duke isn't even listed for consideration, so it's interesting to see him doing an informal visit. We don't usually do too well with North Carolina guys, so this might be fu.

s.i.

fixed for ya!

Thanks for the heads-up on the other two guys.

This article says he's got seven schools, including Duke

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=2856191

s.i.

http://blogs.citizen-times.com/blogs...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Article was published yesterday. Nice that he has Duke on his list, even if he doesn't have an offer yet. (Hope he doesn't read the thread about Czyz, who appears to be the second coming of Patrick Davidson. It might scare him off!)

Plumlee offered

This from his coach on NC Independent Schools Rivals site:

Coach K offers Mason Plumlee
    [redacted for copyright]

http://ncprivateschoolsports.rivals...787576&style=1
    Last edited by -jk; 02-12-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: copyright

What happened to the big from Yugo?

Plumlee is ranked 60 by rivals and 39 by scout. Does anyone know if he is one of those late bloomers now on the rise or is the staff starting to think we are going to miss out on Echenique, Painter and Riley? I am glad that it looks like the staff is casting a wider net but it is hard to tell if they are going after guys they think are studs or guys because they are tall.

Anyone got a scoop on this guy?

More telling than the numbers that Dave Telep and Jerry Meyer assign a guy, in my book, is the list of schools that have offered a particular guy. In Plumlee's case, he has scholarship offers from Georgetown, Indiana, Louisville, Michigan, Stanford, Tennessee, UCLA, Wake Forest and Xavier. I'd say he's probably pretty good.