Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    haha, some of those questions are ridiculous. The classic "Greg Zoubek" persona comes out again as well as questions about floor slapping. I liked his answers. Confident, concise, optimistic, and looking forward to next year. Can't wait to see him in action!

Awesome. He already thinks like a Blue Devil.

You think he has inside info from playing with John over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinBlo View Post
    You think he has inside info from playing with John over the weekend.
    Unfortunately I doubt it...i don't think anyone has a idea on this one. Seems like K's meeting with John went well...although i think that probably just helped us legitimately get in the mix.

I think it's anyone's guess right now...although IMO we're behind both UK and UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Just completed:Q: Mason, what do you look forward to in the UNC-Duke rivalry.

Mason: Winning.
    love it.

Q: Mason, what position will you be playing at Duke?

Mason: In the post. I don't really know. We have Ryan who is more of a face up guy. At least next year, I'll probably be inside.
    That's what I want to hear. At least for next year, there's just no way around it, IMO. That quote proves he's already ahead of where McRoberts and Randolph were.

CridT: How did the careers of guys like Josh McRoberts, Greg Zoubek, and Shavlik Randolph effect your decision to go to Duke?

SportsNation Mason Plumlee: It really didn't. Every player is a little different. I know Josh McRoberts had some family stuff going on at Duke and some off the court stuff effected him too.
    I don't mean to get this discussion off topic, but does anyone know what this might be referring to? I know a lot of Duke fans criticize McRoberts, but I've always felt like we should give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of judging his character from afar. I'd be interested to hear if there was something deeper going on with him, but I guess it is private, otherwise it would have come out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by zingit View Post
    I don't mean to get this discussion off topic, but does anyone know what this might be referring to? I know a lot of Duke fans criticize McRoberts, but I've always felt like we should give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of judging his character from afar. I'd be interested to hear if there was something deeper going on with him, but I guess it is private, otherwise it would have come out by now.
    I think its fairly well known that the mcroberts could have used the nba $, and that was a significant part of the motivation for josh to go pro.

I was out of town this past weekend so I had to DVR the Nike Hoop Summit and just got around to watching it last night. Man Mason is like a human pogo stick! He tried to block just about everything and definitely disrupted several shot even when he didn't get the block. Watching him reminded me a lot of watching Tyrus Thomas against us back in the '06 tournament. He is extremely athletic and has major hops. It was hard to tell where is offensive game is right now because he hardly touched the ball but he doesn't seem to have any qualms about mixing it up under the basket. A little more discipline and a better understanding of spacing and angles and he should be a real force both on the offensive and defensive ends. He may be a little rough but I'm excited to see him next year.

Just completed:

Q: Mason, in your opinion right now, give me your top 5 teams for next season?

Mason: Us, Kansas, UConn, Michigan State.

Mason: Thanks for the support and questions.
    Is it just me or are there only four teams in his top-five?

Quote Originally Posted by DukiesPA View Post
    Is it just me or are there only four teams in his top-five?
    Mason will make our blue team one of the five best teams in the nation, thus Duke counts as 2.