Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 371
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Triangle

    Mason Plumlee Collector Thread

    ... the Duke-Maryland game He's a kid we may well offer in the near future.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of sports teams that disappoint in the playoffs
    To everyone wondering when Duke would get involved with another big man. Mason is 6-10 or 6-11 and is very involved with Georgetown, UCLA, Louisville, and several others. Our biggest competition should come from Indiana and Stanford. His brother, class of 2008, will be going to Stanford next year. He is also originally from Indiana and probably has some strong hometown feelings for the Hoosiers.

    He is rated just outside the top 50 in the excellent 2009 class, but it is still early and I have heard his stock is rising.

    --Jason "thanks to Wat for the insider recruiting scoop!!" Evans

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    McLean, VA
    Thanks. Is Leslie McDonald scheduled for a visit anytime soon ?
    I understand if this question cannot be answered outside of the BDN premium board.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Triangle
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrasdukie View Post
    Thanks. Is Leslie McDonald scheduled for a visit anytime soon ?
    I understand if this question cannot be answered outside of the BDN premium board.
    You are right on that one. The news on Mason will be public knowledge in a western North Carolina newspaper tomorrow, so I decided to drop the dime. I hope that the Cameron Crazies are on their game. Of course, why wouldn't they be for Maryland. Still, it is always nice to give kids a brief notice even on unofficials.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    i have forwarded the message to the LM in charge of the cheer sheet for MD...I will make sure that the crazies know

    watzone...keep letting us (the non members of BDN premium board) know about prospects visits and Ill keep the cheer sheets/crazies up to date

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    McLean, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    You are right on that one. The news on Mason will be public knowledge in a western North Carolina newspaper tomorrow, so I decided to drop the dime. I hope that the Cameron Crazies are on their game. Of course, why wouldn't they be for Maryland. Still, it is always nice to give kids a brief notice even on unofficials.
    I'm like 75% close to signing up at your site as a premium member - being smitten by the recruitment news more so than in the past. Regardless, am a regular reader of BDN, and have always enjoyed reading your posts (starting with the one that broke the news about DeMarcus).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Triangle
    How about holding off on the cheer sheet until I can confirm he is coming for sure and that it might be the thing to do in reconizing him. He is a talented young man but does not hold an offer at this time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    will do

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of sports teams that disappoint in the playoffs
    Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    How about holding off on the cheer sheet until I can confirm he is coming for sure and that it might be the thing to do in reconizing him. He is a talented young man but does not hold an offer at this time.
    After some pensive moments, Watzone has concluded that it is worth putting Plumlee on the cheer sheet!!

    So, cheer away Crazies and make this kid welcome!!

    --Jason "I think we might have room for a 6-11ish player at Duke " Evans

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    After some pensive moments, Watzone has concluded that it is worth putting Plumlee on the cheer sheet!!

    So, cheer away Crazies and make this kid welcome!!

    --Jason "I think we might have room for a 6-11ish player at Duke " Evans
    6'11" has been good to Duke: Mike Giminski, Christian Laettner....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Triangle

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Such a tease!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    To everyone wondering when Duke would get involved with another big man. Mason is 6-10 or 6-11 and is very involved with Georgetown, UCLA, Louisville, and several others. Our biggest competition should come from Indiana and Stanford. His brother, class of 2008, will be going to Stanford next year. He is also originally from Indiana and probably has some strong hometown feelings for the Hoosiers.

    He is rated just outside the top 50 in the excellent 2009 class, but it is still early and I have heard his stock is rising.

    --Jason "thanks to Wat for the insider recruiting scoop!!" Evans

    Scout.com actually has him at #39, for what it's worth.

    http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=2856191

    Duke isn't even listed for consideration, so it's interesting to see him doing an informal visit. We don't usually do too well with North Carolina guys, so this might be fu.

    s.i.

    p.s. - I guess I don't know how to link
    Last edited by Bob Green; 02-09-2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: fix link

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post
    Scout.com actually has him at #39, for what it's worth.

    Duke isn't even listed for consideration, so it's interesting to see him doing an informal visit. We don't usually do too well with North Carolina guys, so this might be fu.

    s.i.

    p.s. - I guess I don't know how to link
    fixed for ya!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    McLean, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up on the other two guys.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    This article says he's got seven schools, including Duke

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post
    Scout.com actually has him at #39, for what it's worth.

    http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=2856191

    Duke isn't even listed for consideration, so it's interesting to see him doing an informal visit. We don't usually do too well with North Carolina guys, so this might be fu.

    s.i.

    p.s. - I guess I don't know how to link
    http://blogs.citizen-times.com/blogs...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

    Article was published yesterday. Nice that he has Duke on his list, even if he doesn't have an offer yet. (Hope he doesn't read the thread about Czyz, who appears to be the second coming of Patrick Davidson. It might scare him off!)

  17. #17

    Plumlee offered

    This from his coach on NC Independent Schools Rivals site:

    Coach K offers Mason Plumlee
    [redacted for copyright]

    http://ncprivateschoolsports.rivals....787576&style=1
    Last edited by -jk; 02-12-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: copyright

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    What happened to the big from Yugo?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Plumlee is ranked 60 by rivals and 39 by scout. Does anyone know if he is one of those late bloomers now on the rise or is the staff starting to think we are going to miss out on Echenique, Painter and Riley? I am glad that it looks like the staff is casting a wider net but it is hard to tell if they are going after guys they think are studs or guys because they are tall.

    Anyone got a scoop on this guy?

  20. #20
    More telling than the numbers that Dave Telep and Jerry Meyer assign a guy, in my book, is the list of schools that have offered a particular guy. In Plumlee's case, he has scholarship offers from Georgetown, Indiana, Louisville, Michigan, Stanford, Tennessee, UCLA, Wake Forest and Xavier. I'd say he's probably pretty good.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke Hatred Tsunami - 2008-09 collector thread
    By jwillfan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 10:29 PM
  3. Ryan Kelly Collector Thread
    By Bsim412 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 431
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM
  4. Marty Pocius's PT, collector thread
    By heifer in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 05:48 PM
  5. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •