Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It would be hilarious if......

It would be so funny when the Tar Heels come to Durham, if a handful of the crazies would start doing that dancing stuff that Danny Green was doing right before the game, what in the h@&! was that?

Apparently he does it before every game..like superstition or something. Didn't help them win yesterday! But yes, definitely put that down on the cheer sheet!

Personally, I think that dance is hilarious. Especially since he's doing it at tip-off. Guys are all geared up at center court and Green is just going crazy in the corner of the screen. I laugh every time I see it (which is last night and on ESPN replays). I didn't like him until I saw his dance.

What happens if he starts though?

Wow. I just went on YouTube and typed "Danny Green + dance". That thing is great. Players dancing on the sidelines seems to be getting more and more popular.

Tar Heels not Thrilled!

Over on inside Carolina, lots of the posters are complaining about Danny's dance... saying it was fine and cute earlier in the season (especially when they were winning), but that now it seemed silly, especially when they didn't win.

Apparently, Roy spoke out and said that college basketball players should be allowed to have some fun. I totally agree with that. However, I think the dancing is now distracting some folks... we'll see if he does it in Cameron!
    DukeDevilDeb

Dancing

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    Over on inside Carolina, lots of the posters are complaining about Danny's dance... saying it was fine and cute earlier in the season (especially when they were winning), but that now it seemed silly, especially when they didn't win.

Apparently, Roy spoke out and said that college basketball players should be allowed to have some fun. I totally agree with that. However, I think the dancing is now distracting some folks... we'll see if he does it in Cameron!
    Somehow all this talk about dancing makes me think of the tow guys who used to dance at the NC State games. What a hoot!

we'll see if he does it in Cameron!
    It'll be tough without the piped-in music.

Danny Green dancing brings another player dancing to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4

WTF!

Noah, whither thou goest

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Danny Green dancing brings another player dancing to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4

WTF!
    Didn't Noah just earn a suspension that his teammates voted to extend?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Didn't Noah just earn a suspension that his teammates voted to extend?
    That is correct. I think they extended the suspension after watching this video.

Getting carried away

With all of the players lined up and dancing - it looked more like an an episode of Soul Train - I thought Don Cornelius was going to appear ...

Quote Originally Posted by LetItBD08 View Post
    It'll be tough without the piped-in music.

Good one! But I sure hope he tries. It's simply delightful to watch him make such a fool of himself...and Roy for that matter.

After last night, Danny might want to consider working on his shot a little more... and his dance moves a little less

Thumbs down If the man can't play ...

Hey ... if he's adding no value on the court (at least last night he sure didn't), shouldn't he be spending his time doing something other than dancing?

Sorry, the guy creeps me out.

Now if ROY could dance ...

Cheers for fears,
    Lavabe

I understand that he's trying to have fun and not trying to win a dance contest, but he looks like an idiot. For his own sake, he should stop.

Something I'd like to see for the rematch in CIS is a Crazy with a "Separated at Birth?" sign, one side with Hansbrough, the other with a fish out of water, flopping around.

No Green dance in Cameron.

If Green dances in Cameron, we are going to have issues. Cameron is a HOUSE OF PAIN and while I see him having fun over there in Chapel Hell, he isn't supposed to have any true fun in Cameron. I want him to play and remember his experience here, but I want him coming and going in a bad humor.

And anyway, he's getting off to the song 'Jump Around'; I think it's ok to move around but clearly, he's taken it a long way and maybe it's reaching outside of what it was intended to be: maybe it's now about 'Danny' and not so much a boyish reaction to adrenaline.

Anyway, dance on your own time but not in our House.

dth.

I'm going to agree with Pamtar, which will put me in the minority in this thread. The dance is hilarious. Roy was on PTI on Tuesday and was asked about Green getting criticism for the dance, and he argued that college kids should be allowed to have fun. Apparently, he only does it at home games, and it helps get the crowd excited at the start of the year. Other than him looking silly to some people, what's the harm in that?

Quote Originally Posted by edensquad View Post
    After last night, Danny might want to consider working on his shot a little more... and his dance moves a little less
    ouch!!!

Everytime I think of basketball players dancing, I can't help but think of Mark Madsen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpbXl5Sp-Wc

ARo24