Re: Jumbo's Level of Enthusiasm

Dear Jumbo,

My memory may be hazy, but it seems like it's been a long time since you've been this excited about a Duke team. My guess is that part of it has to do with getting to watch them develop within a new style. Clearly we have a good group of young guys who are developing before our eyes, and that's really fun; but that's always really fun. So what's different about this year's team that has you seemingly GGLC?

Yours in giddiness and curiosity,
    cto

Quote Originally Posted by calltheobvious View Post
    Dear Jumbo,

My memory may be hazy, but it seems like it's been a long time since you've been this excited about a Duke team. My guess is that part of it has to do with getting to watch them develop within a new style. Clearly we have a good group of young guys who are developing before our eyes, and that's really fun; but that's always really fun. So what's different about this year's team that has you seemingly GGLC?

Yours in giddiness and curiosity,
    cto
    Interesting. I really don't think I've been any more excited this year than in the previous decade on DBR. Heck, last year I think I was a voice of optimism through much of a painful season. Now, obviously I'm stoked about the Carolina win. And I really want everyone to appreciate how good we have it. But given the fact that some people think I'm excited/giddy/overly optimistic and others get on me for being too critical, I guess I'm doing my job. And when I say "job," I mean that I'm accomplishing what I hope to do when I post -- being analytical while remaining true to my Duke fandom. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. But I'm really enjoying this season, just as I always enjoy watching Duke play.

The answer is pretty obvious - how many Duke teams over the past decade has Scheyer been on?

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    The answer is pretty obvious - how many Duke teams over the past decade has Scheyer been on?
    LOL. Yeah, I was thrilled last season. He has a long way to go to reach Battier/C-Well/Hurley levels...