Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

FSU (Swann), GT, NCSU

Quote Originally Posted by Klemnop View Post
    The back half of the ACC schedule is far less appealing as Clemson now stares down road games @NCState, @Maryland, @GaTech, @FSU.

And @ UNC. But there's a whole other thread on that topic.

Still the last two games have been encouraging, especially with Demontez Stitt being out. I feel pretty good that the Tigers can win the three home games remaining (GaTech, Miami and VaTech) to get to 8-8. I think that, alone, is enough in combination with their other successes thus far. One (or two or three) more road wins would be gravy.
    3 solid chances of away wins: GT, NCSU, and FSU (who now has Swann out as well).
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 02-08-2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: clarity

"When was that? 1997? Wow"

Actually 1998 in Greensboro. It was one of the best semi-final days in a storied tourney. Duke beat Clemson 66-64 and Carolina made some ridiculous shots (Shammond Williams) to get to overtime and then handle Md (83-73).

Klem has returned!!!

All is right in the world.

If Clemson wins at Carolina then all will be wrong in the world.

But, to steal from the great words written by Homer Banks -- if that is wrong, I don't want to be right!

--Jason "now, if only someone could only find Wheat then we'd really have a DBR reunion party!!" Evans

I miss Klem's regular reports on the status of Clemson BB. They were informative, thoughtful and fun to read. Over 10 years, all of our lives change dramatically. Now there are 3 children rather than 1, careers grow and demands on time explode. Klem, I wish you well and hope you are back here more often.

Wheat /"/"/"

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Klem has returned!!!

Jason "now, if only someone could only find Wheat then we'd really have a DBR reunion party!!" Evans
    I think of Wheat/"/"/" every time I see a bass fishing show.

FWIW, Seth Davis is picking Climpsun:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...day/index.html

Welcome back, Klem

Thanks for checking in.

This has to have been a very frustrating season, with what appears to be another fizzle from a promising start in the making.

The injury problems have greatly hampered y'all, and the free throw misery is inexplicable for a team with veteran guards.

Hopefully, the Tigers can hold it together down the strech this year. I think it is clear that only Clemson, Carolina and Duke have much chance (with Maryland a dim possibility) of representing the ACC with runs to at least the Sweet Sixteen. So, the league really needs Clemson to finish strong and get in the NCAAs.

Healthy and playing their best, this Clemson team could really put on a show. I hope we again get a chance to see the team that played the first 38 minutes against Carolina back in early January.

Oh please...

End the game at 11:16 in the first half:
    Clemson 21
    holes 9

UNC - Clemson

The Tiggers are handing it to the Holes right now. It was double digits and its down to 9 with 7:45 in the first half. Go Tigrinhos!!!

Biggest problem for Heels is the lack of desire to play D for 35 seconds. And turnovers, I guess I should add.

Whether or not Lawson played, I was veeeeery interested in seeing this game because I knew Clemson was going to give UNC a game; they knew they let the Holes off the hook in Littlejohn. A UNC loss tonight would put Duke in unbelievable shape.

Clemson doesn't look like they're backing down tonight, folks. They're up 10 with 4:00 left in the 1st...

Hanstravel just got away with an extra shove on Rivers under the boards, then draws the foul on the next play. Ellington is heating up. Oglesby is making bad decisions for Clemson.

awww

c´mon, those other teams are being mean, making us play like we want to win. Hey, man, we´re like Carolina, or something. Can´cha juss let us win?

A tough, physical game--only Clemson never got into 1-and-1 in the half. How does that happen? Couldn't be homecooking?

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    A tough, physical game--only Clemson never got into 1-and-1 in the half. How does that happen? Couldn't be homecooking?
    Clemson with 12 fouls to UNC's 6. I haven't seen a team get only 6 fouls in a half much less a team down by 12 at the half. Of course it isn't like Clemson would hit the free throws if they had the chance. Go Tigers!

Tiggertown

Tigrinhos are upp 11 at the half.
    Ed. note: Tigrinhos is portuguese for the spanish word Tigritos or little tigers.

In general I am not a Clemson fan, but, against Carolina -- Go Tigers!!!

Klemnop

Hey Big Guy,

I know you are in Detroit but IF IF IF, the Tiggers pull of the W, OZZIE and I discussed an alternative to runnin' nekkid down Franklin St or standing in a fountain nekkid. We thought that running across the unc campus in an ORANGE Speedo would be an equivalent fulfillment of your 'promise' and also:

1. keep your butt out of jail
    2. save us folks on DBR a TON of bail money and
    3. not embarrass your offspring/family

so, whaddaya think? (reply now or just forget about it if you guys lose tonight)

Would be huge for the Devils if Clemson won. A 3 game lead with 6 games to go.

Didnt watch much of the first half, was checking the score every now and then but really not interested in watching it. UNC isn't the same team w/out Lawson. Oh well, Take advantage of what you can =)

Smile No losin'

Klem 47
    holes 36

19:32 2nd half

Losing is NOT an option.

Cheers,
    Lavabe