Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

easy fella

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Making broad assumptions about a player or team's character based on a handful of facial expressions is pretty stupid.
    We are just having fun - but let's not devolve in Carolina fans and focus too much on them.

GO Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    Forget the two players laughing, I want know which players (I think it was 2) were dancing at the start of the game, durring and after introductions. You're getting ready to play your rival, shouldn't you be saving some energy instead of doing....THAT? I think it was dancing. It was like a combination of Swan Lake and a hopscotch game on a spiraling board.

THAT is the difference in Duke and UNC...class and a sense of dignity.
    One of the players was Green who had a miserable game shooting wise!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer's Daddy View Post
    Sean May was also quite smiley near the end of the game, behind the bench.
    did he swallow a spaceship?

difference

simple answer: the name on the FRONT of the jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    Forget the two players laughing, I want know which players (I think it was 2) were dancing at the start of the game, durring and after introductions. You're getting ready to play your rival, shouldn't you be saving some energy instead of doing....THAT? I think it was dancing. It was like a combination of Swan Lake and a hopscotch game on a spiraling board.

THAT is the difference in Duke and UNC...class and a sense of dignity.
    Bingo!

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Making broad assumptions about a player or team's character based on a handful of facial expressions is pretty stupid.
    a handful? i saw more of lawson's face last night than i do the local news anchor

Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Aside from the giggle, did anyone notice that Lawson barely seemed to be supporting his team. You'd almost think he wanted his team to lose without him. He put on a face like he was sad he couldn't play, but I didn't see him get that excited whenever UNC seemed like they might mount a comeback either. I'm not saying UNC had much to cheer about anyway last night though.
    What I read from his expression was "damn I wish I was playing, there's nothing I can do". I lost a 12-pack on whether he'd play or not, by the way.

Haven't read all the posts yet, but, did anyone comment on the Raycom version showing, clearly, K saying to Paulus and Nelson with about a half-minute left to "Get off the floor, no celebrating (after the buzzer)"? To me, that's the definition of class (and, to be fair, I bet deputy dog would do the same).
    Last edited by billy; 02-08-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: to many by the way, by the way, by the way's

class

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Haven't read all the posts yet, but, did anyone comment on the Raycom version showing, clearly, K saying to Paulus and Nelson with about a half-minute left to "Get off the floor, no celebrating (after the buzzer)"? To me, that's the definition of class (and, to be fair, I bet deputy dog would do the same).
    Just to be fair, Dean did exactly the same thing in 1989, in the closing seconds of a big UNC upset in Cameron. Scott Williams and Steve Bucknell started bouncing around on the bench and Dean told them to "save it for the locker room" and made them calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Just to be fair, Dean did exactly the same thing in 1989, in the closing seconds of a big UNC upset in Cameron. Scott Williams and Steve Bucknell started bouncing around on the bench and Dean told them to "save it for the locker room" and made them calm down.
    Was the upset due to Dean hitting the scorer's table and adding points to UNC's total?

Uh...

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    I'm not sure that I agree with that idea. Some times people laugh when they really feel like crying or when they feel awkward in a situation. Did you see Kansas players do the same thing while Roy was there?

I'm happy with the outcome of the game and enjoyed seeing two high quality programs play a great game without the histrionics becoming SOP today. What a refreshing contrast to many in the ACC and elsewhere!
    Deon Thompson and someone else (Lawson, Stephenson, ?) were definetily whispering and laughing about something. Not sure how much to read into it, but I noticed the same thing and remembered thinking that it doesn't matter whether Roy saw it or not, I would not be laughing and joking in that situation after losing a big game.

It was interesting to me to watch Green dance around like a fool, then the cameras pan to Demarcus and he had that look on his face that he was intense and ready to take care of business. It was a huge contrast. Though as has been mentioned, I have much respect for UNC and the lack of dirty play. It seemed we had a string of dirty plays from various ACC teams against us. Ironically, the only 2 teams I think that have avoided cheap shots are Maryland and UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Aside from the giggle, did anyone notice that Lawson barely seemed to be supporting his team. You'd almost think he wanted his team to lose without him. He put on a face like he was sad he couldn't play, but I didn't see him get that excited whenever UNC seemed like they might mount a comeback either. I'm not saying UNC had much to cheer about anyway last night though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iu8PjILyis

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by uncwdevil View Post
    I saw that last night, and it reminded me of McBob last year cussing in the towel on the bench during the Carolina game. People talk about his attitude problem all the time, but I would rather a player cuss into a towel than laugh and giggle in that situation. At least it showed that he cared.
    Maybe he was upset that he had stayed for year 2 and his draft status was dropping.

Come on.

Our coach and players have more class, dignity, and grace. Our students and our alumni/ae are smarter, better-looking, and will have more successful children. Also, our feet don't stink as much.

Please. This is ridiculous. A couple of guys probably ran twenty extra suicides yesterday for acting like, well, 19-year-old boys. Our guys do silly things, too, occasionally, and those situations are likely addressed by K et al the way Roy probably took care of his business yesterday.

Can we step down from the collective high horse and just enjoy the great win?

Quote Originally Posted by calltheobvious View Post
    Our coach and players have more class, dignity, and grace. Our students and our alumni/ae are smarter, better-looking, and will have more successful children. Also, our feet don't stink as much.

Please. This is ridiculous. A couple of guys probably ran twenty extra suicides yesterday for acting like, well, 19-year-old boys. Our guys do silly things, too, occasionally, and those situations are likely addressed by K et al the way Roy probably took care of his business yesterday.

Can we step down from the collective high horse and just enjoy the great win?
    I'm with stupid.

How about a bench players' maturity

based on his movements before the game? And he can't even dance as well as Jerry Springer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 6th Man View Post
    It was interesting to me to watch Green dance around like a fool, then the cameras pan to Demarcus and he had that look on his face that he was intense and ready to take care of business. It was a huge contrast. Though as has been mentioned, I have much respect for UNC and the lack of dirty play. It seemed we had a string of dirty plays from various ACC teams against us. Ironically, the only 2 teams I think that have avoided cheap shots are Maryland and UNC.
    Also Clemson.
    Offhand, I don't remember any thuggery in the Virginia game, either.

Did everyone hear "K" ( obviously an open mike was near ) telling our guys not to celebrate, just walk off the court- Always a class act!!

I wasn't sure what to expect in the aftermath of last year's overblown unpleasantness. I thought the Carolina players acquitted themselves well. No one pulled a Cliff Frazier (see Illinois-Indiana thread), no one threw anything at Duke players, no one tried to undercut anyone, no one threw a punch or took any unnecessary cheap shot. Both teams played hard. Our guys really stepped up in the second half when Nelson had to go to the bench with 16 minutes left and four fouls. I would rather praise the class of our athletes than worry about Carolina's, although I thought they acted with class on the court throughout the game. We cannot divine their thought processes, nor should we try. I am extremely proud to be a Duke fan. I met some of these young men on the Maui trip. Be assured our team is a class act. Our coach is a class act. And our fans are a class act (even when we get cranky on message boards and complain about foul shooting, rebounding, turnovers, inability to defend, etc.) I frankly did not know what to expect Wednesday night, and am grateful that the loonies stayed home. It was a great rivalry basketball game. The best team won. GTHC, GTH.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Because he knew dinner was waiting for him.
    Ziiiiigggggy Piiiiiigggggyyyyyy haha