Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Lightbulb Wilt was taller....

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Your argument makes no sense. It completely ignores the fact that Wilt was 9" taller than Thompson and that doesn't factor in Wilts longer arms and therefore higher reach. If Thompson needed a 44" vertical to reach the top of the backboard at 6'4", Wilt would need at least 9" few inches to accomplish the same thing. Don't get me wrong, Wilt was an amazing athlete and I have know idea what his actual vertical leap was, but I highly doubt that it a guy who was 7'1" would need a 50" vertical leap to reach the top of the backboard.
    ...but the point was he was a great,powerful,almost effortless jumper who could touch the top of the backboard with only a 1-step approach.The people who saw him do it were certainly impressed and they included an NBA trainer familiar with the great leapers of the day,as well as a future Kansas AD.

In this thread and another, sources have been listed that assert Wilt had a 50" vertical. I have not read a source that questioned his 50" vertical.

On the other hand, any person has the freedom to post an "opinion" that Wilt did not have a 50" vertical,even though there is no authority beyond that opinion.
    With no offense , I believe the NBA beat writer and the other sources.

Wilt was a phenomenal athlete and any discussion about what he could accomplish has the salutary effect of introducing the Big Dipper to younger basketball fans.Every post I have read on the DBR about him acknowledges what an incredible athlete he was.Since one of the great pleasures in my life in the 1960s was watching Wilt and Russell play, I am appreciative of the reverence of younger fans for those players.

Best regards.

I thought this was about Gerald's wrist...

Any news - anyone seen him around?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post

You beat me....I was going to ask how any of this pertained to Gerald's wrist. I too, am interested in hearing the latest if anyone has anything new. Once again, hopefully we will win big tommorrow and can rest G, Markie, and Singler particularly.

Lightbulb Here is a short article about Gerald's injury from March 18...

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post

...http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs...TAFF/803180304

Most of the thread is about Gerald's injury. Posts 141-144,146,and others address fatigue of the team.A few review vertical jumping regarding post 148,IIRC.

Best regards.