Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 164
  1. #81
    Already mentioned in another thread

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by norduck View Post
    Already mentioned in another thread
    Thank you for contributing so much to this thread. See, people have been asking a lot of questions about Gerald's wrist lately. So, in case they don't stumble upon the information in the other thread, they have a very clearly labeled place called "GERALD'S WRIST" to find relevant information.

  3. #83
    Get well soon, Gerald! We need you back and healthy! Let's go, Duke.
    ~rthomas


  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Get well soon, Gerald! We need you back and healthy! Let's go, Duke.
    Word to that. Heroic effort to keep playing through pain.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Word to that. Heroic effort to keep playing through pain.
    Yeah, Gerald played very well today. Better than he's played in 4-5 games. He seems to have more confidence in his stroke and it's showing.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    I wonder the doctors reached this conclusion sometime after the Miami game (as we know, K doesn't release injury reports ). If so, it may explain why he was more aggressive this afternoon - he knew what the diagnosis was, what the plan was to fix it, and (presumably) that he couldn't do more harm to it.

    Either way, kudos to Gerald for playing through this injury.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

    You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

    You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I wonder the doctors reached this conclusion sometime after the Miami game (as we know, K doesn't release injury reports ). If so, it may explain why he was more aggressive this afternoon - he knew what the diagnosis was, what the plan was to fix it, and (presumably) that he couldn't do more harm to it.

    Either way, kudos to Gerald for playing through this injury.
    Nah, he's known he couldn't do more damage for a while.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Toledo
    Perhaps I am out of the loop on this, but was Gerald's hampered wrist why he did not start today? Or was Jon placed in the lineup to shake things up a little, since he played so well against Miami?

    Thanks in advance. Was just wondering.
    "Duke is a once in a lifetime opportunity and something you don't pass up on." -Amile Jefferson

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Perhaps I am out of the loop on this, but was Gerald's hampered wrist why he did not start today? Or was Jon placed in the lineup to shake things up a little, since he played so well against Miami?

    Thanks in advance. Was just wondering.
    It's hard to separate one from the other. Gerald hasn't played well since hurting his wrist. He only played 19 minutes against Miami. Coach K clearly was trying to get more production out of that spot, but it's not like Gerald's lack of production was his fault -- he's hurt. That said, he played very well off the bench today.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Thank you for contributing so much to this thread. See, people have been asking a lot of questions about Gerald's wrist lately. So, in case they don't stumble upon the information in the other thread, they have a very clearly labeled place called "GERALD'S WRIST" to find relevant information.
    I like being attentive to all threads !

  11. #91
    If our players can play hurt, they will play...unlike other schools.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Toledo
    Thanks for the response, Jumbo. That is pretty much what I would have guessed, but just wanted to find out for sure.

    I do agree that we often have some of the toughest guys in the nation. Coach recruits character, that's for sure.
    "Duke is a once in a lifetime opportunity and something you don't pass up on." -Amile Jefferson

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Thanks for the response, Jumbo. That is pretty much what I would have guessed, but just wanted to find out for sure.

    I do agree that we often have some of the toughest guys in the nation. Coach recruits character, that's for sure.
    Here's K's take:

    On the lineup change:
    “It was partially because of Gerald [Henderson]’s injury. Since the injury he’s probably averaged six points a game and has seemed distracted a little bit on defense. We may not stay with that line up, but sometimes just a little time off, not a punishment, just ‘Don’t think about it, just try to play the best you can with what you have.’ I thought he did that today. It was probably the thing that I was most pleased with along with Brian Zoubek getting extended minutes. He got 20 minutes.”

    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=1396082

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Here's K's take:

    On the lineup change:
    “It was partially because of Gerald [Henderson]’s injury. Since the injury he’s probably averaged six points a game and has seemed distracted a little bit on defense. We may not stay with that line up, but sometimes just a little time off, not a punishment, just ‘Don’t think about it, just try to play the best you can with what you have.’ I thought he did that today. It was probably the thing that I was most pleased with along with Brian Zoubek getting extended minutes. He got 20 minutes.”

    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=1396082
    As Cameron says... Coach K recruits character. "Same thing" happened to Jon... but he's responded as one of the best 6th men. I like what Gerald did today... coming off the "bench"... and Coach K saying it's "not a punishment", which he probably said from relatively "poor" showing in the last few games. I llove this team

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Maybe bringing G off the bench will allow him to play more loose...keep his head from getting in the way to take a line from Tin Cup. from what I hear he did that today.

    Also, hafta assume Jumbo is right above WRT to the fact that Gerald has known the extent of the injury and what risks he may or may not be running by playing through it (and presumably, almost undoubtedly frankly, there is little risk of further/permanent damage...I say almost undoubtedly cause K just wouldn't let him keep playing if there was any real risk for serious further injury)

    Also, saw scheyer had a solid game but that he scored all his points in a 8-10 minute span in the late 1st half. was he keyed on a lot during the 2nd half? just dissapear? were we trying to get Zoubek the ball?

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    i didn't see anything on the link that described the injury. if it's a sprain, then how is there no chance of injuring it further? maybe some of the doctors can pipe up but i've never heard of ligament damage that cannot be further damaged.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Unfair

    Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    If our players can play hurt, they will play...unlike other schools.
    Your innuendo is unfair. We know you are talking about UNC and Ty Lawson. You have no idea as to the extent of his injury. In the past Duke has had players who were injured and did not play

  18. Question about Gerald's play in the St. John's game (they weren't showing here in Asia) -- were his points from his usual drive, stop, mid-range jumpers? Or were they easy lay-ups/dunks? I hope it's the former and a sign that he's back...we need him!

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Points from both

    He hit one 3, and a couple of tough mid-range jumpers while being closely defended. Also had some dunks. Watching the game, I thought maybe his wrist was much better. The announcers also said he looked great in practice Friday.

    I'm not surprised by Jumbo's news, however. I am getting tired of having players having surgery after the season, however. Seems to be a regular event the last few years.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I am getting tired of having players having surgery after the season, however. Seems to be a regular event the last few years.
    Suppose you're told: "MChambers, you have a booboo on your typing hand. You will need surgery to properly correct the problem. You can keep typing for the next 6 weeks on a slightly limited basis, enduring some discomfort and then have the surgery, or you can have the surgery on Tuesday and be ready to go resume "normal" activities by June. Which would you prefer?"

    That is why some highly motivated players keep playing and have surgery after the season (Gerald). Others decide that the pain and recovery time during the season would ruin the season and would rather "save" the year eligibility-wise and get a medical red-shirt and have the surgery now (Marty). It's really not hard to understand both decisions. They are best for both the team and the player, at the player's option.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 08:15 PM
  2. Gerald!!!
    By theasem in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
  3. Thoughts on Gerald
    By VaDukie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 11:03 AM
  4. Gerald
    By tux in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 08:23 PM
  5. Gerald is going to be a superstar
    By mjones723 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •